Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Any ideas on where to get a good quality cheapish windows phone

Userlevel 3
Does anyone know of a website or a store where i could purchase a good quality windows phone at a reasonable price under $500. higher end lumia or even an htc? thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 6
These guys are canadian and sell them unlocked. http://www.expansys.ca/
Userlevel 7
Honestly, I love Kijiji but I'm willing to have a used item.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Honestly, I love Kijiji but I'm willing to have a used item.

Quite possible to get new phones off of Kijiji. My Lumia 830 was brand new with receipt. Not the first such phone I've purchased via Kijiji.
Userlevel 7
Lumia 830, $400 or $450 outright last time I checked. If you get the Telus one it won't need to be unlocked. It's basically a mid range flagship and has reasonable specs for its price and OS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Lumia 830, $400 or $450 outright last time I checked. If you get the Telus one it won't need to b...

The 830 is $400 before taxes at Rogers and Fido (silver version with green and black backplates), or $500 before taxes at Telus and Bell (black version with black backplate). As you've said, the Telus version works without being unlocked (I'm using one right now). To my knowledge, no 3rd party unlock solutions exist yet so this may be their only choice. I've also read that the Microsoft Store sells unlocked versions for $550 before taxes. It's not on their web store, however. You can only go this route at a brick and mortar Microsoft Store, and there aren't too many of those in Canada yet. Speaking of their web store, there are some extremely affordable unlocked Windows Phone devices there right now: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/list/categoryID.68032000 Please note that the Blu Win HD has a 720p display (incorrectly stated as WVGA on the main page - the specs page is correct).
Amazon.ca has some lumia 920's starting at $248 and up.