Koodo Community

Community

Airtime overuse charged random

10 replies

I used last month 496 minutes airtime and been charged vor 191 Minutes overtime. My plan says I have 500 minutes. How could this happend ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

I used last month 496 minutes airtime and been charged vor 191 Minutes overtime. My plan says I h...

Did you recently switch plans?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

I used last month 496 minutes airtime and been charged vor 191 Minutes overtime. My plan says I h...

Is this a new or recently changed plan? 
If so, your minutes are prorated. If you had 2 weeks between your sign up date, and the end of your billing period, you would only have 250 minutes to use for that partial month.

David wrote:

No I get this plan in Oktober, and I called in November and in Decenmber in Germany a few Times, then in january I ve been charged for that. That was confusing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Your billing cycle would be from December 6th to January 5th. So you would pay in January what you used in most of December
David wrote:

But why wasnt i charged for november ? And I still not understand why I am charged for overtime when I dont have overtime ? 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Could you take a screenshot of the part of your bill showing the overage charges so we can see exactly what it says? Please leave out any personal information.
David wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

As you can see you were charged $133.50 for long distance calling, not for overage. Your plan includes 500min of Canada Wide calling, and 1000min of calls to India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Italy, Mexico, Australia & Taiwan. None of that includes calls to the US. If you plan on calling the US often i would suggest the US Unlimited add on for $10.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

@David
Have you made calls to the US or the countries other than included ones in your plan?  If so, it explains the charges as Allan said and I also would recommend the US Unlimited add on.

I don't know if you actually made calls to US or not...
Since when you make International calls, it will appear on the bill under the line of " Long Distance- US/Int'l Phone.   
(Say, if I made calls to Japan, it will show "Long Distance- US/Int'l Phone  $10:xx min")

But if you made Int'l calls only to the Germany, you should be covered.
(It's confusing your 229 minutes are covered and 267 minutes are not.)
You should see all the number you called under "Airtime Details", and check which numbers/calls are charged.
If your calls to the Germany are charged, then I would contact Koodo.