Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Account won't recognize new phone

I swapped phones from Ace II to the Lumia 635, both different sized slots for sim cards so I got a new sim card. It will take the new sim card # but my account won't recognize the new phone, the Lumia. I can text on my new phone but no calling or internet.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey Bradley, whether or not your account recognizes your phone as the Lumia is 100% irrelevant to it working. Sometimes the system will never recognize what kind of phone it is if its unlocked phone. Is your Lumia a Koodo phone or an unlocked phone?
It's not unlocked. I just got it in the mail. I put the new sim card in it and turned it on. It's now able to text and call, but my account now recognizes the phone when I go to mobile phone, but the ESN is unknown. Is this a problem?
Userlevel 7
Bradley James wrote:

It's not unlocked. I just got it in the mail. I put the new sim card in it and turned it on. It's...

This is not a problem at all!:)
Bradley James wrote:

It's not unlocked. I just got it in the mail. I put the new sim card in it and turned it on. It's...

Alright, it just kind of bothers me that it's not how it looked before when I had the Galaxy phone on the account. Strange. Thanks Ahmad 🙂
Userlevel 7
Bradley James wrote:

It could update itself in an hour, a day or a week. It's very random. No problem!