Koodo Community

Community

15% FOR ALL - no bias, keep loyal clients happy

Userlevel 2
We have been loyal koodo customers, and unless we upgrade our phone (and to a new, pricey-er plan?) do we get the 15% tab benefit?! Some of us upgraded a phone a couple weeks ago (see below)!! WE DESERVE EQUALITY! You can attract all new clients as much as you want, but what happens when all of your existing clients leave? Why is it that all of your initiatives only benefit new subscribers? Do you do that because you can't retain satisfied loyal clients anymore? As "Canada's most recommended national mobile phone company" and "highest in customer satisfaction with stand-alone wireless service" by J.D. Power in 2013, we suggest you act like it because those recognitions will be short-lived if you only come up with plans for newbies and do not follow up on your life long clients. Be loyal to your loyal clients, keep them satisfied, and we will do the word-of-mouth marketing for you. No need to pay for billboards and internet banners and radio commercials. Focus on US, and we will continue to be loyal and persuade our friends to join Koodo. Keep us happy. Don't turn on us. Love, Koodo Client MikeO 1 day ago I just upgraded my phone two weeks ago before this deal was offered. Any chance on getting the 15% deal on my existing plan, seeing as I've been a loyal Koodo customer for 4 years? Comment good answer! Dennis L 24 hours agoAnd this is exactly what worries me about these new plans, phone pricing, and tab. It wold be foolish if Koodo wasnt expecting incidents like these to happen MikeO 22 hours ago Agreed. These recent promotions (like the $50.gift certificate for new plans) certainly attract new customers, but they can make existing customers feel under-appreciated and even ripped-off. Why not have the 15% tab rolled out to all existing customers? Why should someone who bought a new phone 3 days after I did be able to pay off their tab 50% faster than I can? There's a sense of unfairness here, and I imagine I won't be the only long-time customer unhappy about this. 15% for all!!! http://community.koodomobile.com/kood...

64 replies

The 15% tab is much like a promo. You have to take advantage of it in order to get it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MarioB wrote:

The 15% tab is much like a promo. You have to take advantage of it in order to get it.

No it's not a promo, it is a way of inciting people to change their phone. Therefore, spend more and make more money now that they have customers
Userlevel 2
MarioB wrote:

couldnt agree more
Userlevel 2
MarioB wrote:

its no secret that many more dislike the new tab system that like it ... koodo needs to change or else customers will (ie change to a different provider)
MarioB wrote:

Promos usually mean get something cheaper than it normally is, this is no promo - if you want the new tab you need to get a new more expensive phone/plan - total bs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MarioB wrote:

Your getting a tab that's twice the amount it use to be with no need for a new plan as long as your plan is $30 or more, hardly BS. I was able to get a Nexus 4 and keep the $30 plan I had and just pay of the tab (no interest loan) at a measly $5 a month and Koodo Contributes 15% each month as well & also will pay the tab in full after 24 months guaranteed. How is that BS exactly and where is the downfall? You give a little & get alot, you can't expect to get something for nothing, it's a business not a charity.
Userlevel 2
it seems more like a new koodo regulation to me, that will come into place permanently until they say so, in which case it shouldnt be treated as a promo that we "take advantage of" and should hop on, and quickly upgrade our phones (which is essentially what they want) shouldnt loyal koodo customers be able to benefit from the 15% tab without having to upgrade our phones unnecessarily so, until and unless they want to?
Userlevel 1
koodo lover wrote:

it seems more like a new koodo regulation to me, that will come into place permanently until ...

Actually existing customers are all on Small Tab or No Tab, with 10% contribution, like Mario explained it, existing customers will only get the 15% if they upgrade, I presume this is how Koodo System is build.
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

it seems more like a new koodo regulation to me, that will come into place permanently until ...

do you get to keep the plan or do u have to convert to a new bad one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
koodo lover wrote:

You can keep your present plan if $30 or more before taxes, add-ons & overages (just plan price) and upgrade bone the medium Tab and receive the 15%
Everyone is able to benefit from this as long as they do the switch. Using promotional rate plans as an example, you have to switch to the rate plan to take advantage of it.
Userlevel 2
"as long as you do the switch" yet new clients do not have to. do you still think this new initiative treats all new and existing clients equally?
Userlevel 2
promotional rates are promotional rates, i dont see this new regulation as a promo, its a regulation that is there effective immediately and permanently until deemed by koodo. whereas promos have a limitation/due date, thus we all hop on the wagon before it ends. so i understand what you're trying to say that i think using promo rate plans as an example doesnt make your case stronger because they are two completely separate things.
koodo lover wrote:

"as long as you do the switch" yet new clients do not have to. do you still think this new ini...

Same thing applies to promotional rate plans. I'm not seeing your point here.
koodo lover wrote:

promotional rates are promotional rates, i dont see this new regulation as a promo, its a regul...

I said it works "like" a promotional rate plan. You have to switch to take advantage of it.
Userlevel 1
koodo lover wrote:

"as long as you do the switch" yet new clients do not have to. do you still think this new ini...

Existing customers can uppgrade anytime they want to get M/L Tabs some conditions may apply, it will allow them to be on 15% contribution, their accounts should not be suspended or delinquent,
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

promotional rates are promotional rates, i dont see this new regulation as a promo, its a regul...

but why would anyone want to get a new phone or switch to a new plan? koodo hiked up all of their prices
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

the only people they benefit are the newbies, which goes back to my initial statement
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

upgrade - as in get a new phone ... but koodo increased phone prices as they introduced the new tab system.
Userlevel 6
koodo lover wrote:

Actually new customer don't end up better with the 15% as the plans that they have to sign up on today are more expensive thant they ones existing customer are on. So, as an existing customer if you are ready to buy a new phone, you can keep your old plan and get 15% tab. If you are not ready to buy a new phone and want the 15% you need to sign up for the new and more expensive plans.
koodo lover wrote:

The only people that benefit from it are those that take advantage of it. You may think otherwise and that's your choice to do so, but the simple fact is everyone can take advantage of it, but only if one decides to.
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

newbies can take advantage of it yet oldies cannot unless they decide to purchase a price-y phone. if koodo thinks that they wont lose existing clients with this iniative, and they keep spending money (that should go back to improving their service) on ads to attract new clients ... they are a lot more stupid than i thought
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

so for existing clients its new phone AND/OR new plan
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

perhaps they are trying to attract new clients as much as possible and make them take a tab so that even when they decide to leave koodo right away, they owe koodo 150, 300 or 500 $
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

thanks chris for your thorough explanation 🙂