Koodo Community

Community

ZTE phone station sim card issue

I just received a new home phone station ZTE and I keep having the cell bars flashing red even if the simcard is inserted correctly has this happened to anyone

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you activated the SIM card with a plan (the WHP plan)? Where did you buy the wireless home phone unit?
Sophia wrote:

Have you activated the SIM card with a plan (the WHP plan)? Where did you buy the wireless home p...

I just bought a ZTE home phone station online through Koodo and am having the same issue....cell bars are flashing red even when SIM is installed.  Do I need to activate the SIM?  If so, how?  Please help.
I bought the item on koodo website when I received an offer by email can't find where to go in my account to activate sim card
Pierre Pelletier wrote:

I bought the item on koodo website when I received an offer by email can't find where to go in my...

I am having the exact same issue.   What is the answser? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pierre Pelletier wrote:

I bought the item on koodo website when I received an offer by email can't find where to go in my...

You should receive an email with the activation information and your phone number. Check your junk / spam folder to see if it landed there. If not completed in a day or to, contact Koodo to learn what's up.

Pierre Pelletier wrote:

I have not received an email to activate yet. not in spam either. my number that I have ported over is to be disconnected Friday at 9 am. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pierre Pelletier wrote:

@Sheri: that email is the email to create a selfserve account. You mentioned about porting? Did you do it in your selfserve? If so, you don't need that email. The service should be activated on your WHP already. Can you make call/receive call on it?