Koodo Community
Solved

Wireless Home Phone Call Quality

I just got the Koodo wireless home phone. When I make calls I can hear perfectly, but the person on the other end can barely hear me. It’s very quiet and choppy. The wireless device is up on the 3rd floor near a window and shows perfect reception. I’m using a brand new set of cordless phones. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 26 March 2020, 00:08

Is the problem only with one person or with everyone you call?

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7

The system adapts itself automatically to operate with the best available signal. See “WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GSM, UMTS AND LTE” https://commsbrief.com/difference-between-gsm-umts-lte/

to learn more.

WHP base moved to a window. Now routinely showing 4-bars of signal strength on the LTE (green) network (only 3-bars at previous location). However, during a call, the base indicates it is using the UMTS (orange) network (also now at 4-bars). Is it normal that the system changes LTE to UMTS on a call? Is UMTS inferior to LTE?

ESF

Thank you, Sophia. i plan to try that. ESF

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you try moving the device through the house a bit? Near a window works best and away from large appliances. We had the WHP for a few years and it actually worked better than our cellphones… so I’m surprised!

My problems are similar to those above (feeney43). On my Koodo wireless home phone  (ZTE WF723CA) we hear incoming calls well but our callers cannot hear us due to the poor transmission of outgoing voice.  We are using brand new Panasonic cordless phones. I notice that the indicator on the WHP switches between LTE (green) and UMTS (orange) with poor transmission quality. I live in an urban area and have excellent service on my Koodo cell phone.

I get quite good reception with Koodo even though we are rural - so maybe this might be worth a try!  Thank you Dinh for your response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am curious how clear wireless home phone is.  I had switched to VoIP for about a month thru different set up & when I said Hello - there was a delay & had to say it again so person on other end could hear me.  Even though we were saving about $20 a month - we ended up going back to Telus landline.

Just wondering if Koodo is the same?  Why are the charges for long distance not included? I do not call out of Canada so the prices shouldn’t be too bad, I’m guessing.

It depends on where you are residing. As the WHP uses Koodo/Telus cellular network, its calling quality depends on the cellular reception in your area. If you are having no issue with Koodo at your home then the WHP should not be an issue. 

I am curious how clear wireless home phone is.  I had switched to VoIP for about a month thru different set up & when I said Hello - there was a delay & had to say it again so person on other end could hear me.  Even though we were saving about $20 a month - we ended up going back to Telus landline.

Just wondering if Koodo is the same?  Why are the charges for long distance not included? I do not call out of Canada so the prices shouldn’t be too bad, I’m guessing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does this happen with multiple numbers you call? Or only specific numbers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is the problem only with one person or with everyone you call?