Koodo Community
Solved

Wireless Home Phone

• 21 February 2019
  • 8 replies

Is the WHP available in Lewisporte, NL ?
icon

Best answer by Dinh 21 February 2019, 20:41

Hi,
Are you a current Koodo customer? Was your area covered by Koodo cellular network? If it was covered then the WHP is available there. https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/wireless-home-phone
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi,
Are you a current Koodo customer? Was your area covered by Koodo cellular network? If it was covered then the WHP is available there. https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/wireless-home-phone
Yes. It shows coverage for my area. Is the promotion on now, 'But hub online with no activation fee, $5. a month for first year ??
No, i am NOT a current Koodo customer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes. It shows coverage for my area. Is the promotion on now, 'But hub online with no activation fee, $5. a month for first year ??
Yes, just for the first year.

"Limited time offer. You'll pay $5/month for the first 12 months. On month 14, you'll begin paying the regular price, currently $20/month. Taxes and pay-per-use services (such as long distance, roaming and additional airtime or data) are extra. Plus applicable provincial or municipal government 911 fees in Nova Scotia (43¢), PEI (70¢), New Brunswick (53¢), Quebec (46¢), Alberta (44¢), Saskatchewan (62¢), and Newfoundland and Labrador (75¢). New activations on Wireless Home Phone from Koodo only. The current regular price of $20/month rate applies at month 14. For the first bill, partial charges will be pro-rated based on the regular price of the $20 rate. The $15 discount will begin to show up on the first full month of service for the next 12 months."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also, you would still have to pay for the Hub ($65)+tax. 1st month will be full $20, the promo kicks in from the 2nd month as Allan mentioned.
Is activation free when you buy hub online ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is activation free when you buy hub online ?

No, the activation/connection fee is waived if you order online.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some geographic locations where there are small numbers of subscribers to the telephone exchange may prohibit the transfer of a landline number to cellular. There was a post about this a year or so ago from a user on the south coast of NL.