Koodo Community
Solved

Very poor call clarity

• 9 June 2019
  • 7 replies

We recently switched from Bell for our landline. I'm so frustrated with it that I'm about to cancel it and move on. During a call, I can hear whoever it is fine with no problems but they always say they can't hear me. Its echoy, staticy and quiet. I've trialed different locations with no difference. What else can I try?
Thank you
icon

Best answer by Sophia 9 June 2019, 21:10

What are typically the best locations for it in a house? Does the hub and phone base need to be a certain distance apart?

Best location would be near a window... and they don't need to be a certain distance apart (ours are side by side).

But Chad has a point, even though it seems as if you're still using a landline, in actual fact you are not. It could be that your handset worked perfectly fine with a genuine landline, but becomes moody with the new line... especially if it's an older model.

It might be worth it to try it with a newer handset, or take your hub to the store (along with your handset) to have both tested.

Hope you get it sorted 🙂
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it just one person that cant hear you or every person that you call?
Do you know if your house gets good cell reception?
It happens with almost every call. We have our cell phones with koodo and don't have the same issue in the house. I should have also mentioned that none of the blue 'signal' lights are lit up on the hub.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe that's why there's a problem. Because basically, a WHP is a normal phone connected to a landline, that's it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sounds like there might be something wrong with the hub... We have a WHP and reception is the same as your cellphones. Have you tried rebooting the device?

Robert, I think you meant cell tower... The phone is no longer connected to a landline.
Robert T - I don't understand 😞

Sophia - I have rebooted the device using the power on and off as well as the reset. What are typically the best locations for it in a house? Does the hub and phone base need to be a certain distance apart? I don't think its our handset because we never had this issue with Bell.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried a different handset? We had an old novelty phone on our VoIP line that caused us all kinds of issues. We replaced it with a more modern handset and our issues disappeared. Certainly something to try. Even if you borrow a phone from a neighbor to try.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What are typically the best locations for it in a house? Does the hub and phone base need to be a certain distance apart?

Best location would be near a window... and they don't need to be a certain distance apart (ours are side by side).

But Chad has a point, even though it seems as if you're still using a landline, in actual fact you are not. It could be that your handset worked perfectly fine with a genuine landline, but becomes moody with the new line... especially if it's an older model.

It might be worth it to try it with a newer handset, or take your hub to the store (along with your handset) to have both tested.

Hope you get it sorted 🙂