Koodo Community
Question

Troubleshooting Wireless Home Phone set-up

• 30 April 2019
  • 9 replies

I am having trouble setting up my new wireless home phone. I have followed all of the directions included with the box. The wireless hub is set up in a window (we are getting three full bars of signal).

There was no telephone cord included with our box.
Although the user manual says to use the one provided by Koodo, we just used the one that was on our home phone originally. Even after connecting our landline to the hub, getting proper signal, and having power, we aren't able to make or receive a call.

HELP PLEASE 🙂

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Because the porting process is not over yet. I've heard it take upwards of 5 business days to complete.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Dennis,
Yes I ordered online and was sent an activation confirmation on April 23rd.
The WHP arrived on Friday, April 26th and I originally tried setting it up on the 28th.

However, I'm just noticing now that on my confirmation, the wrong mobile number is listed. Could this be causing a problem???

You are always given a Koodo selected number, and then you port an exisiting number in via self serve.

What happens when you dial the Koodo selected number?
Userlevel 4
Keep in mind that cellphone to WHP transfers can take up to 3 hours while landline to WHP can take up to 2 days. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try powering down and back on again.

Did you order from online?
When did you receive it? Your sim may not be activated if it arrived sooner than expected.
Hi Dennis,
Yes I ordered online and was sent an activation confirmation on April 23rd.
The WHP arrived on Friday, April 26th and I originally tried setting it up on the 28th.

However, I'm just noticing now that on my confirmation, the wrong mobile number is listed. Could this be causing a problem???
I knew NOTHING about porting over our existing number (don't think it's described anywhere in the manual or during purchase of the WHP...)
I have transferred the number over via Self-Serve and will try the set-up again. Thanks for this tip Dennis! Hope it works this time 🙂
Alright - we're getting somewhere. I can call out, but am not receiving calls. Any ideas?
Thanks Goran! I will try again in a few days then.

Do other WHP customers feel the manual directions are incomplete??
I really love my Koodo cell service and am optimistic that this new home phone will work well for me, but this has been a surprising evolution of things....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@FarmGirlGourmet what were the manual directions that you were given?