Koodo Community
Solved

Question about WHP and the sim card

• 27 September 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi, so I ordered a WHP online a few days ago and just got it today, I have setup everything already and I have requested to have my home phone number to be transferred to Koodo via online through self-serve and I already see my home number in my account. However I don't think it has fully transferred yet, I do know it takes time.

I wanted to know do I need to activate the sim card to be connected to the phone line I'll be using or is the sim card already to go?

I have a phone currently connected to the hub and I do hear a tone when I pick up the phone, from my cell phone I dialed the temporary number and it said that number is not available, then I dialed from my cell phone and called my home phone number that I'm transferring to Koodo and it didn't ring on the phone that I have connected to the Koodo WHP Hub but it rang on the other home phone that I have which is connected to a hub where I'm moving this number from to Koodo. I hope this makes sense.
icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 28 September 2018, 00:36

If you're porting a landline number it typically takes two to three business days to complete, since there are actual physical connections which need to be changed. Until it completes incoming calls will continue to come in to the landline.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried dialing out to your cell with the WHP?
Have you tried dialing out to your cell with the WHP?

Hi Dennis, so I just did what you said I phoned using the phone connected to the WHP out to my cell and I see the home phone number that I requested to transfer so I assume the sim card is then activated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes the sim looks to be activated and the port is not yet fully completed. Give it a few hours up to a day. If the port is not fully completed after a full day, let us know
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you're porting a landline number it typically takes two to three business days to complete, since there are actual physical connections which need to be changed. Until it completes incoming calls will continue to come in to the landline.
Thanks Dennis and Timo, I'll wait and see if all is good and if not then I'll be back here.