Koodo Community
Solved

Power outage usage

• 19 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Can this be used when there is a power outage?
icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 19 March 2019, 23:01

If you want to wear belt and suspenders, get yourself a UPS from Staples, Best Buy or Amazon. For about $50, use it to power your phone hub, router, computer, phone charger, etc. for several hours as long as you don't go overboard on current draw. Assures you continued wifi as well as phone service.
View original

6 replies

Badge +4
No, the hub still has to have power to it for it to work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
THe hub comes with a battery so the hub will work during a power outage as long as the landline you plug into the hub doesnt require it to be plugged in to the wall for power
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
THe hub comes with a battery so the hub will work during a power outage as long as the landline you plug into the hub doesnt require it to be plugged in to the wall for power
Though there were some shipped without a battery at one point in time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think the new one - Alcatel hub doesn't have a battery. The old ZTE had battery but was no longer available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to wear belt and suspenders, get yourself a UPS from Staples, Best Buy or Amazon. For about $50, use it to power your phone hub, router, computer, phone charger, etc. for several hours as long as you don't go overboard on current draw. Assures you continued wifi as well as phone service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think the new one - Alcatel hub doesn't have a battery. The old ZTE had battery but was no longer available.

Interesting. I have an order pending through Koodo, waiting for it to process. This will be replacing my mother's Fido home phone which runs off the ZTE with battery back up. I'm mildly disappointed that the Alcatel unit doesn't have it, but fortunately I don't think it's a deal-breaker. Good to know, though.