Koodo Community
Solved

Porting number to Koodo home phone

I recently ordered the Wireless Home Phone kit. I started to port my number over from Bell Aliant, but the process looks like it with CHANGE my existing koodo mobile number.

I don't want to change my Koodo mobile number, I want to port my Bell number over to use with Koodo Home Phone. But keep my existing Koodo mobile number for mobile use.

How do I do this?
icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 21 October 2018, 15:27

Porting your number to koodo IS changing your phone number. You're changing it from the one that koodo assigned you to the one you're porting in. As long as the 'current phone number' is the number assigned to the WHP, all is well.

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unless you asked to port your bell number onto your current Koodo line, it should instead create a new line with Koodo.

What makes you think that it'll change your current line?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need to select the number for the wireless home phone on your account before you start to submit the port request.
On the Koodo service page that is gathering information about the number being transferred, it suggests it's a change request. See screenshot:

Edit: Screenshot removed for privacy
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't think it matters what the tab is called. Is that number over there correct?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Porting your number to koodo IS changing your phone number. You're changing it from the one that koodo assigned you to the one you're porting in. As long as the 'current phone number' is the number assigned to the WHP, all is well.
Timo,

The only number I have on my Koodo account is a mobile number. How do I create a number for the wireless home phone on my account? I thought koodo.com/portmynumber was the method for transferring over and creating a second number, but it appears to suggest it's changing my existing number.
My goal here is to keep my mobile number. And have a second home phone number. I have a home phone with a different service and want to transfer that number over to Koodo home phone. But I want to keep my existing mobile number with Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You're wireless home phone needs to be activated before you can port your number to it. You can't port a number to a line that doesn't exist yet.
Thanks, got it sorted out. i didn't see the little drop down in the upper right corner with my newly activated numbered buried in it. With one more bullet point Koodo could make this process much more clear!

Thanks for your help!