Koodo Community

Name Display for Wireless Home Phone

Userlevel 1
Does Koodo Wireless Home Phone have name display for incoming calls like traditional landlines (e.g. Bell home phone service)?

I tried searching but could not find anything that indicates it does. I know it has number display but I'm specifically looking for name display for contacts not saved in the phone.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)Only on inbound calls though. Koodo does not yet send name display data with outgoing calls.
Userlevel 1
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)That's amazing! Thanks guys for responding so quickly! Now I just got to wait for the promos..
Userlevel 1
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)Hi guys,

Before I posted on this forum I had sent an email to Koodo to which I got a reply just today, which stated:

"Please allow me to confirm that Koodo doesn't offer Name Display."

Now I'm getting contradictory answers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)To quote Timo : “Only on inbound calls though. Koodo does not yet send name display data with outgoing calls.”
Userlevel 1
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)I see. Not sure why the rep simply said there was no Name Display without mentioning incoming or outgoing calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)Because we are smarter ^_^
Userlevel 1
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)Haha thanks guys! I was second-guessing my decision. Thanks for confirming.
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)We have this service. I see numbers coming in, how do we get the names when people call from a cellphone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)Peter, it depends on the person's cell phone provider. Currently only a few providers offer name display, so you'll only see names from those providers.
Userlevel 1
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)Hi Sophia, that bring up another question from me.. sorry.

What if the incoming caller is from a landline and not cell phone and the number has a name registered. Will that name be displayed? Or is this only for incoming cell phone calls?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)Any provider that offers name services (I believe all landlines do) will come in to your wireless home phone with the proper name displayed 🙂 As long as your phone has a display that offers letters and not just digits, haha.
Userlevel 1
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)Awesome! Thank you for clarifying that!
Userlevel 1
Yes, it does, if the calling party supports it. No difference from a landline :)Awesome! Thank you for clarifying that!