Koodo Community

Community

My sim card isn't working

The wireless home phone unit isn't reading my sim card. I just got both in the mail yesterday. What to do?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So there is no signal or it is all red?
The device is still flashing red. 
The sim is properly inserted, yet not being recognized. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Craig Foulds wrote:

Have your sim been activated? are you porting to Koodo? if it is about the activation or porting, you would have to call Koodo so they can check on your account.
Craig Foulds wrote:

ok thank you, will call and find out, then report back later. 
Craig Foulds wrote:

The problem was that the sim card needed the little plastic frame added to properly fit in the slot of the hub. 
Craig Foulds wrote:

Thanks Craig. Unbelievable that something so simple isn't spelled out in the instructions or anywhere else on here.
[b]Oh by the way keep that larger sim cutout on the sim card.
With a little talent Koodo could make a vid that shows this setup including keeping the cutout on the sim and post it in the help section. Or, at least mention it in the instructions.
Thanks again Craig, I'm really happy I found your post.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Craig Foulds wrote:

Tricut sims aren't meant to break out the nano sim and then use adapters to make it bigger. Your just supposed to snap out the size sim you need for the sim slot.
Craig Foulds wrote:

Good to know. Never heard of a tricut sim though and I suspect I'm not alone.
I maintain a vid of the setup including this oddball sim install would be beneficial.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Craig Foulds wrote:

Sorry to hear you had trouble setting up Gary. Luckily we haven't heard of many people having this issue, but as you suggested, we do have a very simple video showing what to expect with the home phone shipment, and how to set it up here: https://www.koodomobile.com/help/101-koodo-wireless-home-phone
Craig Foulds wrote:

Thanks, but it doesn't show the actual insertion of the SIM card with the added size cutout.