Koodo Community
Solved

Is the WHP hub locked to koodo?

• 4 January 2021
  • 3 replies

If it’s locked is it possible to unlock it if we leave koodo after a year or so so we can use a different carrier? There doesn’t appear to be an interface so I don’t know how that would work if it’s locked.

icon

Best answer by Sophia 5 January 2021, 02:11

Our home hub was locked to Koodo. We paid I think around $5 to have it unlocked… just find a seller on eBay or wherever you feel comfortable buying such a code.

However nowadays Koodo has to sell all phones unlocked, so chances are that never hubs are not unlocked. Or, as Dennis said, that you just have to contact Koodo and request an unlock code.

Worst case, spend a few $$ and have it unlocked.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I believe they are locked.  You can test it by putting another carriers sim in it to see if it works.

There does not seem to be a process to unlock these hubs, but you can try to send koodo a private message via facebook or twitter to see if they will give you the unlock code, but do not set your expectations too high.

Ah I don’t have one to test out yet. It has a really high upfront cost compared to competitors so I wanted to make sure I wasn’t locked into the carrier after 2 years or however long I need it for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Our home hub was locked to Koodo. We paid I think around $5 to have it unlocked… just find a seller on eBay or wherever you feel comfortable buying such a code.

However nowadays Koodo has to sell all phones unlocked, so chances are that never hubs are not unlocked. Or, as Dennis said, that you just have to contact Koodo and request an unlock code.

Worst case, spend a few $$ and have it unlocked.