Koodo Community
Solved

Intermittently working

• 11 February 2019
  • 12 replies

Having intermittent issues, I can hear caller but they can't hear me. Have reset router and phone base and still having the issue.
icon

Best answer by GoStr8t_TrnLft 18 February 2019, 15:22

Well, it's been 5 days now and touch wood, so far so good. Disconnected everything (including the phone from the Koodo router), rebooted routers and reconnected, appears to have done the trick.
View original

12 replies

Badge +4
Can people hear you if you put it on speaker phone? If they can it could be a problem with the microphone of your handset. Do you have another phone to try?
Thank you for your quick post. Even on speaker I can't be heard and it's the same issue with all our handsets. Additionally whichever handset we use, at times says "busy" and won't allow us to answer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did it work properly before?

DId you port your number over recently?
We switched to Koodo home phone well over a year ago and no issues until about six weeks ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you try with another phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We switched to Koodo home phone well over a year ago and no issues until about six weeks ago.
I think it may be an issue with the handset.
Are you able to try your handset elsewhere? Or try a different working hand set with the hub?
We have rotated all three handsets, no difference unfortunately.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We have rotated all three handsets, no difference unfortunately.
Are all 3 handsets independent or do they run off each other?
Each phone has it's own charging stand, 1 of which is the main hub (connected to the Koodo router).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Each phone has it's own charging stand, 1 of which is the main hub (connected to the Koodo router).
I consider that 1 phone since it is all based on the 1 hub.

Do you have a different landline phone to test with the Koodo router?
Unfortunately we don't. Our IP provider has been done some maintenance, when that happens we unplug both routers to reset, the only thing we haven't tried is to disconnect the phone from the Koodo router at that time. Will do that and see what happens and then post the outcome.
Well, it's been 5 days now and touch wood, so far so good. Disconnected everything (including the phone from the Koodo router), rebooted routers and reconnected, appears to have done the trick.