Koodo Community

Community

I started a new plan at $40 per month and one month in I get a bill for $120 why

I started a new plan at $40 per month and one month in I get a bill for $120 why

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Bruce. There's proration on your first bill which is from the time you sign up till your billing cycle date (which is a part month) plus one month in advance. This is regular practice with every carrier in Canada. Also your bill will go back to normal of being just one full month (plus overages and tab amount if you have a tab) next month and every month after that. The amount is larger than just proration though so check page 3 of your bill for a detailed breakdown of your overages as well because it's seems like you must have went over your plans alloted call or Data amounts as well.
I could find no reason but I did not know where to find page three of my bill?
I had my phone off a lot of the time last month and under ten phone calls and I have not used it online as far as I know ?

I had read of the proration and had a large bill last month that I paid so I upgraded my plan to cover if there were more usage and now I get   a triple bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have a complicated billing issue. You just changed your plan and got some extra charges also. From the stated information, there were many possible explanation: double billing, overcharged, or late payment didn't show on the latest bill. Maybe it is best if you could provide:
- Latest balance on your account in selfserve (or calling 611 and get it from automated system).
- A snapshot of your bill page 3 where the detail are explained.
From those, a koodo agent might be able to help you out, or we could find some possible explanations.