Koodo Community
Question

I bought a wireless home phone, and I tried switching the phone number on koodo self serve, it was not allowing me to do so!

• 25 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I bought the wireless home phone  with the $5 deal and I have multiple problems I'm having, I've had the phone for a 3weeks and I have not been able to use it and my deal was $5/month, but I am being charged $10, I can't call and koodo service on the phone as it keeps going to an automated message, and I've been charged $10.

That was not even my main issue, the main issue is that I've been trying for almost 2 weeks now to try and switch my old phone number I've used the feature on koodo self serve to do so and it doesn't work, I tried in the first week to switch my number and it said I have to wait for 14 days after that I tried again nadnow it says the service is not available, this is ridiculous because I can't even contact anyone to help me with the issue, it just keeps sending me to the automated voice chat and no one is answering the phone. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I bought the wireless home phone  with the $5 deal and I have multiple problems I'm having, I've had the phone for a 3weeks and I have not been able to use it and my deal was $5/month, but I am being charged $10,

Have you logged into your self serve to view your detailed pdf ebill?  Your first month should be prorated and at regular price.  The 2nd month should be at the discounted rate of $5.  And this will continue for 12 months, with the 14th month being when the promo ends.  You can read this in the Nitty Gritty.  Does the PDF ebill match this?

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/wireless-home-phone?&CMP=KNCKDO0428Google_Koodo-ROI_Google_413620295667&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Koodo-ROI&utm_content=413620295667&gclid=CjwKCAjw2a32BRBXEiwAUcugiJ2GiiPoqVNTu4Q_csVT4-uaCIW9KbnKj2BOEMD6C_r4mbE8DbeDthoCcxIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I can't call and koodo service on the phone as it keeps going to an automated message, and I've been charged $10.

When you called Koodo, did they recommend that you use the Koodo Automated Assistant and then send you a text with the link?  I just tried it on my cell and I got the text to use the Koodo chat in order to contact Koodo.

That was not even my main issue, the main issue is that I've been trying for almost 2 weeks now to try and switch my old phone number I've used the feature on koodo self serve to do so and it doesn't work, I tried in the first week to switch my number and it said I have to wait for 14 days after that I tried again nadnow it says the service is not available, this is ridiculous because I can't even contact anyone to help me with the issue, it just keeps sending me to the automated voice chat and no one is answering the phone. 

If you self serve is not able access this function on self serve, you can contact Koodo by requesting a callback via Koodo Assist

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

You can also send Koodo a private message via facebook or Twitter and a rep can look into your account there.

Is the number you are trying to port in, a landline?