Koodo Community
Solved

Huawei P20 Poor Call and LTE Service

• 11 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Has anyone noticed their call and general connectivity has decreased? I was sitting on LTE 4 bars in town and nothing would load......and when i am home my call quality is been steadily decreasing, support has been less than helpful and since the issues are intermittent have not been able to pin point an issue on top of everything else.

Wondering if it's just me. I have reset all app and network settings multiple times and the last ditch effort is to wipe the device (which is a massive PITA, so i have been holding off on this one)....
icon

Best answer by Shelbz 13 June 2019, 15:50

Try your sim in another phone and see if the issue follows your sim or stays with your phone

spoke with Koodo and it turns out there is a known issue with coverage in my area affecting multiple folks. Took about 3 calls and 5 techs later, but it looks like phone is at least A-OK.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
do you notice the issue with just calls? How is your texting? Are all messages going /coming through?

How is your cellular data? Are things loading decently?
Hey Dennis
do you notice the issue with just calls? How is your texting? Are all messages going /coming through?

How is your cellular data? Are things loading decently?

Hey dennis -

It is everything, texting is the most reliable but still gets a bit stuck from time to time. Call quality is equal parts ok, echoy on my end or the reciever cannot hear me. Cellular data is iffy at best, the only time all my apps work flawlessly is when i am on wifi and bypassing the network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try your sim in another phone and see if the issue follows your sim or stays with your phone

spoke with Koodo and it turns out there is a known issue with coverage in my area affecting multiple folks. Took about 3 calls and 5 techs later, but it looks like phone is at least A-OK.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for keeping us in the loop