Koodo Community
Question

How to: Reactivate (CANCELLED) Home Phone • Paid in Full •

• 1 July 2019
  • 9 replies

Made payment in full to avoid losing my home phone service altogether, but that allegedly didn't work since my home phone subscription no longer appears in my customer profile.

Trying NOT to re-order as I don't want to buy another home phone hub. How can I resolve this!?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How did you cancel? Normally your account is only cancelled when you call in. If you did that recently, they might be able to revive your line. If you ported out your number, there is nothing that can be done... So which is it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also, if you cancelled your service, how long ago was it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It sounds like your account was suspended for non payment, but it would be restored after you paid in full (which you did). Let us know the outcome 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your account was suspended and you paid in full, you could try to turn off and turn on the WHP and see if it works.

If not you would need to contact Koodo again as Sofia mentioned. Send message to their facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo) or setup a callback through their digital assistant.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you get to contact Koodo and did it get sorted?
How did you cancel? Normally your account is only cancelled when you call in. If you did that recently, they might be able to revive your line. If you ported out your number, there is nothing that can be done... So which is it?

I didn't phone in to cancel; nor did I attempt to Port my number out. My account activity page shows their being a DEACTIVATION, then a payment applied (for the entire amount owing) then a CANCELLATION (which displayed that if a payment was made, service would be restored). I, too, am scratching my head at this.
Also, if you cancelled your service, how long ago was it?

Account shows paid in full on June 26th. Surely not much time has already passed.
If your account was suspended and you paid in full, you could try to turn off and turn on the WHP and see if it works.

If not you would need to contact Koodo again as Sofia mentioned. Send message to their facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo) or setup a callback through their digital assistant.

Maybe it's because my WHP hasn't been plugged in lately? Will try your suggestion(s) now @Dinh

Stay tuned!
It sounds like your account was suspended for non payment, but it would be restored after you paid in full (which you did). Let us know the outcome :)

Yes. I guess I worded it incorrectly. But Koodo took a pre-authorized payment (which why they didn't all along is beyond me...?) over 4 days ago. Shouldn't service be restored or at the very least showing up under my self serve?