Koodo Community
Solved

How to change the number of rings before home phone goes to voicemail?

• 20 February 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve seen the posts about dialing the **61 number but that doesn’t work since I have a standard cordless home phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 6 June 2020, 00:36

Changing number of rings prior to incoming call going to voicemail - requires tech support

where does one find them

PS - none of the codes such as ‘1’ or *#64# and their ilk do anything useful for me

Eh, 1 or *#64# wasn’t the correct one. You can try this https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/voicemail-7796887

It that doesn’t helps, you can go here www.koodo.com/chat , enter a working number when you are asked and type “#techhelp” . It should be able to schedule a callback for you. However, they might offer the same thing as posted in the community.

Many things have changed in the past 10/20 years. If you are expecting a “secretary style” customer service, you might want to go with 1st tier brands like Telus/Rogers/Bell.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You need to know the voicemail access number for the specific VM server you're on. You'll need to contact tech support to get that.

Userlevel 1

I simply access my voicemail by dialling my own number, is that what you mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No. When you call your own number you are essentially calling a number that will always be busy. Because it's busy, the call is forwarded to the number of koodo's voicemail server.

That number would be something like +16475804001, but there are 30+ different access numbers depending on which area of Canada your number is assigned to. As I said, you'll need to contact tech support to find out which one is the correct number to use.

well - how does one contact tech support, please

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

well - how does one contact tech support, please

What was the issue that you need tech help? You could ask here. Someone might know the answer. 

Changing number of rings prior to incoming call going to voicemail - requires tech support

where does one find them

PS - none of the codes such as ‘1’ or *#64# and their ilk do anything useful for me

20 or 30 years ago one just selected the number of rings at phone installation and that was it for the rest of one’s life (as we thought then).

As an aside - a survey in the UK crica the late 1980s/early 1990s indicated that of  - say - 250 features available on a PBX system, secretaries and other users generally managed to master just 10 or so - in former eras there were failsafe ways of doing this sort of thing - now it requires online forums to gather info on simple tasks and there’s no specific solution - people just try various gambits to see if they might work

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

where does one find them

Eh, 1 or *#64# wasn’t the correct one. You can try this https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/voicemail-7796887

It that doesn’t helps, you can go here www.koodo.com/chat , enter a working number when you are asked and type “#techhelp” . It should be able to schedule a callback for you. However, they might offer the same thing as posted in the community.

Many things have changed in the past 10/20 years. If you are expecting a “secretary style” customer service, you might want to go with 1st tier brands like Telus/Rogers/Bell.

Gotcha - thanks for taking the time - my key point about ancient times was that things were supposed to get easier as we progressed rather than technology incrmentally increasing in complexity so that more and more people were effectively denied access.

I wrote a world standard textbook on cellular communications back in 1986 (1G analogue, with the promise of 2G digital on the horizon) and it was easy. Similarly, working as a rapporteur on the European COmmission project Research into Communications for Europe (working on WCDMA and other  3g technologies and THAT was easy - just radio engineering. However, setting things like voicemail (while remembering to turn off all voicemail related functions on various phone systems added to the Home Phone base, is endlessly picky and stultifying

Thanks again for your reply

Regards

Carl

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Gotcha - thanks for taking the time - my key point about ancient times was that things were supposed to get easier as we progressed rather than technology incrmentally increasing in complexity so that more and more people were effectively denied access.

I wrote a world standard textbook on cellular communications back in 1986 (1G analogue, with the promise of 2G digital on the horizon) and it was easy. Similarly, working as a rapporteur on the European COmmission project Research into Communications for Europe (working on WCDMA and other  3g technologies and THAT was easy - just radio engineering. However, setting things like voicemail (while remembering to turn off all voicemail related functions on various phone systems added to the Home Phone base, is endlessly picky and stultifying

Thanks again for your reply

Regards

Carl

Wow, you had a wonderful achievement!

When Koodo still had a direct number to call and some customers complained they had to wait 1,2 hours on phone for a rep (during peak hours or promotion time). They introduced the digital assistant and several other changes. it isn’t perfect but I think it is getting improved. They are trying to cut cost for sure.. However I think if you know the way around the new system, getting support is almost the same as before.

Anyway, I hope you resolved the issue!. Cheers.

In another twist on the issue:

Some of my calls randomly go straight to voicemail without ringing the phone and I only hear from people days later.

The same people can phone back the next day and get normal rining and answering

This issue fulminates and has no apparent pattern.

SUMMARY:  People complain that some of their calls go straight to vpice mail without ringing at my end. Other times their calls ring normally at my end.

Gremlins

Carl

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Straight to voicemail usually means a poor network connection. Does it happen only in the home or in specific rooms?

You need to know the voicemail access number for the specific VM server you're on. You'll need to contact tech support to get that.

Well then we need an explicit line by line explanation of how that may be achieved

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well then we need an explicit line by line explanation of how that may be achieved

One simple way is hit the number 1 on the phone dialer. It will call the voicemail number. You can hang up after connecting to voicemail. After 1 hour (because Koodo had some lag in reporting within selfserve), you can log into selfserve and check usage » minutes » Find the call 1 hour ago. It will show you the number for voicemail access. I am in BC and the number is showed in the snapshot below