Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I get some service from Koodo to get my phone to work???

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What happened? You properly need to describe the problems in more details so if someone here knows, they could provide advice.
Userlevel 7
Hey Don,

Do you still need assistance? Like Azure said, we need to know more details in order to be able to help you! Once you privde the details you're sure to get an answer in no time!
I have just recently purchased a hub for home phone service I'm importing my old number from Cogeco.  I haven't been ble to get incoming calls with the exception of our building intercom and that was only once. I set up my voice mail box. Now all I get is the dial tone with a busy signal in the background. When I attempt to dial out all I get is the busy signal. I have been on the cell phone trying to get tech support written e-mails etc.  no one answers the tech line. Waited over 25 minutes twice over Friday.  Yes I still need assistance to get this phone working! Still waiting for an answer to my e-mail!  I about ready to chuck Koodo in and go to another carrier!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don McFarlane wrote:

I have just recently purchased a hub for home phone service I'm importing my old number from Coge...

Porting could take time. How long have you been waiting for the port to complete?

I don't think they will answer email quickly. You properly have to call Koodo or send message to their facebook.
Don McFarlane wrote:

I have just recently purchased a hub for home phone service I'm importing my old number from Coge...

Well it's been 5+ days now!!  Figured they would answer an e-mail after 36 hours! I have called Koodo and been left waiting for almost an hour over 2 callls.  Maybe I'll try FB.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don McFarlane wrote:

Can you try rebooting the device? (press and hold the power button)

You should at least be able to call out, even if incoming doesn't yet due to porting in your old number.

What happens when you dial 611 from the wireless home phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don McFarlane wrote:

5 days wait without any feedback is indeed not good. There was be something wrong about your porting either from Koodo or Cogeco.

I would wait on the line to contact the porting team. Was there any option on the phone to make them call you back? maybe it helps to save you time.

Userlevel 5
Don McFarlane wrote:

You need to find out where your old telephone number is.  Here's how:

Attach a phone to your old landline jack. Use  your cell phone to call your old number.  If the other phone rings, the number is still with Cogeco. If it doesn't ring, the number has been ported or is in the process of being ported.  BTW, phone companies will sometimes keep a dialtone on the old landline for  days after porting has occurred.  A dialtone does not mean your number is still with Cogeco.

To find out if your number has been ported to your Koodo hub: 
 You were given a temporary telephone number with the hub.  Plug a phone into the hub, Again, from a cellphone, dial the temporary number.  If the phone rings, the porting has not taken place.  Now, dial your old phone number.  If the phone rings, the porting has taken place.

What if your number is still with Cogeco?  You may have made an error filling out the online form Koodo provided you with.  Some people have found porting didn't occur because they used a different format for their address than their phone company used.

What if neither your landline nor your Koodo hub answer when you call your old number? Cogeco has ported .IThe hub may be malfunctioning or here is a delay in completing the porting process.  It can take a few days for the number to port over but it shouldn't be in limbo for more than a day.  Once you find out if it has ported or not, you will know whether this is Koodo's issue or just a slow process.

What happens is that I have waited for 25 minute one time for them to answer and then 20 minutes the second!  will try a reboot!
No option of leaving a message and having them call back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don McFarlane wrote:

What happens is that I have waited for 25 minute one time for them to answer and then 20 minutes ...

I called Koodo last Tuesday (28 Nov), the option to call back was there, the agent called me back in 45 minutes and mentioned they had 300 people on their callback list. They could turn off that function since. It would be nice if they turn it back on.

I would wait, talk to the agent and ask the agent to follow up with your case, until it is resolved.