Koodo Community
Solved

How do I activate my koodo homephone

• 5 January 2019
  • 4 replies

I purchased the koodo Homephone and already have an account for my mobile.How do i go about activating my homephone, also I want to port my landline over so I do need to activate my homephone first which would have a different phone number with sim i received I am assuming and then request to port my landline number? would my existing number change to my ported number or do I request my landline number be ported and I dont need to activate with home phone first thanks.
icon

Best answer by Mats 5 January 2019, 05:16

Did you sign up with home phone with the same email as your mobile account? It should've arrived already activated and if not, it should be soon. Have you received an activation email? Do you see it under your self serve account?

Yes it will come with a temporary number. Then you can port your old number in to Koodo through your self serve account. Once you see your home phone line in your self serve account you can do this.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/moving-your-phone-number
Thanks. Yeah the email is the same but my mobile is a prepaid account would this make any difference?or the same would apply. i have been checking around in the interface and also cant find an option to port or activate, only to change number.

Yes they are different so you'll need to set up a postpaid self serve account. Only do this through the link in the activation email that Koodo sends you. If you try and set up one up on your own you'll receive an error that Koodo needs to fix. Then once you have your account up you can port your old number in.
View original

4 replies

Badge +4
Did you sign up with home phone with the same email as your mobile account? It should've arrived already activated and if not, it should be soon. Have you received an activation email? Do you see it under your self serve account?

Yes it will come with a temporary number. Then you can port your old number in to Koodo through your self serve account. Once you see your home phone line in your self serve account you can do this.

Thanks. Yeah the email is the same but my mobile is a prepaid account would this make any difference?or the same would apply. i have been checking around in the interface and also cant find an option to port or activate, only to change number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yea, WHP falls under the postpaid category so you would login there and not through the prepaid selfserve.
Badge +4

Yes they are different so you'll need to set up a postpaid self serve account. Only do this through the link in the activation email that Koodo sends you. If you try and set up one up on your own you'll receive an error that Koodo needs to fix. Then once you have your account up you can port your old number in.