Koodo Community

How can I purchase a replacement phone hub

• 12 April 2020
  • 5 replies

My grandma has the koodo  homephone for over a year now, but recently the phonehub has been going on and off  and sometimes randomly cutting off, how can I purchase a replacement, when i try to buy one, it also attaches the monthly payment plan as well, Can I just buy the hub along with the plan and then cancel the plan and give her the new hub?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could, but wouldn’t it be cheaper to look for a used one on eBay or some other online place? Just a suggestion… There are many customers who went from a home phone to a full cell service (we did) and might be selling their old hub for a few dollars!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Definitely look for a used option instead. It might be possible to get Koodo to sell a hub by itself but no guarantees. It could have changed but I asked about it some time ago but it was a whole package deal. It might have changed but I'd have to ask. Regardless, it's gonna be cheaper just to get a used hub.

Currently existing model that we is the zte WF721, and it uses the standard sim, I saw the new model available is the WF723 and its uses a nano sim, if I get the zte723 and just adjust the sim to fit the nano size will it work? Also the used boxes arent they locked to a specific sim card or will they work for mine if i were to go that route. Thanks

My mother and I are having issues with the phone hub in our houses too. We’ve narrowed it down to days when the weather is bad ie. rain or high winds. People we are talking to say we cut in and out frequently. 
Sometimes we can go for a week and we’re good and then,  like today with the rain and high winds, it’s happening again!

very concerned because she’s 85 and it’s the only way we can stay in contact, given the circumstances. 

very frustrated that we can’t get ahold of any one at Koodo. I thought they’d be an essential service?

anyone have an email where they can be reached at?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My mother and I are having issues with the phone hub in our houses too. We’ve narrowed it down to days when the weather is bad ie. rain or high winds. People we are talking to say we cut in and out frequently. 
Sometimes we can go for a week and we’re good and then,  like today with the rain and high winds, it’s happening again!

very concerned because she’s 85 and it’s the only way we can stay in contact, given the circumstances. 

very frustrated that we can’t get ahold of any one at Koodo. I thought they’d be an essential service?

anyone have an email where they can be reached at?

https://community.koodomobile.com/whp-232897/home-phone-hub-cutting-out-7798043