Koodo Community

home phone hub cutting out

• 27 April 2020
  • 6 replies

My mother, who is a senior living on her own, as well as myself, both have the zte phone hub. People say we are constantly cutting out when we talk. Is anyone else having these issues?

it doesn’t happen all the time. We’ve narrowed it down to weather, high winds and/or rain, we think?

I’m concerned because mom is on her own and it’s her only way to contact people and under the circumstances, it’s critical that she has a working phone.

i thought that Koodo would be an essential service, and it’s very frustrating that there is no way to contact them, either by phone or email. 

If anyone has an idea of how to deal with this, please let me know

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How many bars does the device show? You could try to place it in another location, closer to a window perhaps and see if that improves the reception.

Thanks for responding 

All bars are showing and the hub is already directly by a window , as is my mom’s.

its so strange that we are both experiencing the same problem.

Im at my wits end. It’s very upsetting not to be able to speak to my mom who’s 85 and visa versa

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok so it’s not the reception or the hub (more than likely), what type of a phone does she have?

It’s two different households. We both have hubs and we are both having the same problems. Mom has her old bell phone and I have a vtech

my phone is only a year old
as I said before,  Some days we are both fine and today has been the worst. It’s been raining where I live with high winds, so I don’t know if that has something to do with it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

my phone is only a year old
as I said before,  Some days we are both fine and today has been the worst. It’s been raining where I live with high winds, so I don’t know if that has something to do with it.

Do you also have a Koodo cell phone?  Are you noticing the same issue when your home phone is having this issue?