Koodo Community

Community

Question

home phone antennas

can I use a different antenna to improve my reception if I'm in a weak spot. I notice it has an external antenna so reception should be better than my smart phone but I might need a bit more gain

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There's no reason why you cannot use a better antenna if you have one.
ok thanks. or maybe just make a reflector for it.
Userlevel 6
Hey Stephen, The ZTE wireless home phone is built to work on one bar of service. Are you having any signal issues?
I don't know yet. I haven't got the home phone yet but I'm considering it. Coverage is really spotty with my smart phone (Galaxy A5) but I was thinking if I used a higher gain antenna on the home phone it would help. The external antenna should be better anyway but putting a reflector behind it and aiming in the direction of the tower should make a big improvement.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Stephen Tilston wrote:

I don't know yet. I haven't got the home phone yet but I'm considering it. Coverage is really spo...

The antenna of the ZTE is removable, and used a standard connection (looks like so, I haven't tested my self). You could buy a antenna on amazon and replace the OEM.

This one might work https://www.amazon.ca/Lysignal-700MHz-2700MHz-Omni-directional-Antenna-Cable/dp/B01J5A3RYG/ref=sr_1_...

Stephen Tilston wrote:

I don't know yet. I haven't got the home phone yet but I'm considering it. Coverage is really spo...

It might. Thanks. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Stephen Tilston wrote:

You can also place the WHP device in a location that gets the best signal in your house, and use cordless phones around the house for calling.