Koodo Community

Community

Question

Can you use the sim in an unlocked cell when on the road for calling only

Wireless home phone

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The SIM is locked to Koodo hubs, or that is what Koodo tell you. You cannot use it on another cell. However, you could test yourself. I haven't tried it, so cannot confirm 100%.
Ok thank you it would be so convenient if it was possible
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can take the Koodo WHP device on the road.......

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

You can take the Koodo WHP device on the road.......

The battery is meh, and charger is just too big. In addition, you will need an actual desk phone to talk.
Userlevel 6
There is an included 2500 min of a call forwarding each month, which comes to around 41 hours. I use call forwarding when I travel, really convenient.
Erwin wrote:

There is an included 2500 min of a call forwarding each month, which comes to around 41 hours. I ...

Great idea just never thought of that
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

There is an included 2500 min of a call forwarding each month, which comes to around 41 hours. I ...

It is easy to set-up. Only the wireless home phone come with the 2500 min call forwarding, for regular mobility, it costs 50 cents/min or $3 add-on for unlimited call forwarding.

I know people who use Koodo WHP for their business and are happy about having call forwarding.
Userlevel 7
Erwin wrote:

Just don't forward it to an international number. There are extra charges for that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you take it with you on the road so you have it with you where ever you go..... isnt that just a regular cell phone?  In this case, maybe a home phone is not the product you are looking for