Koodo Community

Community

can switch my old koodo cell number to my whp home phone and cancel the new whp number?

WHP 

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you have everything set up, Try changing your WHP number in self serve. There should be an option for porting a number
Thanks Dennis.  Will try your suggestion.

I have another question regarding switching phone numbers.  Can we switch the numbers between our WHP and our cell phone?    Can we just switch sim cards?  Then we would keep both numbers instead of cancelling one.  Both are Koodo and both are in use.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

I have another question regarding switching phone numbers.  Can we switch the numbers betwee...

The WHP SIM is locked to the ZTE hub, you cannot use it in another cell phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

I have another question regarding switching phone numbers.  Can we switch the numbers betwee...

You wont be able to easily swap it as porting one number in will cancel the other account and you will lose that number.

For these complicated cases, you will need to contact Koodo (pm via facebook or twitter) and see if they would be able to do it for you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

Actually thinking about it again.

You just need a third line (not home phone and not your post paid).  Set up a prepaid line.
Port your post paid # (#1) to your prepaid.
Port your WHP # (#2) to a new postpaid
Port your #1 to a new WHP.

You are basically cancelling and then re creating new accounts to get the correct numbers in place.

Or just Port everything to Fido with the correct numbers in the correct places since the Koodo way is a lot of work if they dont help you out
LJ wrote:

thanks Dennis.
LJ wrote:

thanks Dennis for that idea.  We do have another phone that was used for Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

just note you wont be able to port from postpaid to postpaid or prepaid to prepaid since it uses the same system
LJ wrote:

got it, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

Just a note.
If you port out your post paid # to whatever/whoever, your plan cancel out too.
If you have a grandfathered plan, then you won't get it back.
LJ wrote:

thanks Mayumi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

Whenever you port, you lost a SIM card, I think Koodo just increased the SIM to $15? you might want to take care of those cost also.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

Whenever you port, you lost a SIM card, I think Koodo just increased the SIM to $15? you might want to take care of those cost also.
LJ wrote:

yes, good thought. thanks Azure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You want to keep your SIM card from the WHP in another cellphone?
Yes, we would like to switch the WHP number to the cell phone and the cell phone number to the WHP.
I have messaged Koodo on FB, but no one answered my question.  Thanks to everyone here for their input.
Userlevel 6
LJ wrote:

I have messaged Koodo on FB, but no one answered my question.  Thanks to everyone here for t...

I don’t that is possible because you can’t simply switch sims with WHP, but keep us posted if a method works for you.
LJ wrote:

I have messaged Koodo on FB, but no one answered my question.  Thanks to everyone here for t...

I would suggest that you need a third independent account that has full number portability both in and out...   I would think that you would need to port one number at a time, waiting for it to Finnish, before doing the next  port...
By doing that, you are not leaving one number stranded and lost....
I would like someone who is more familiar  with this, to comment on this option....
LJ wrote:

thank you both for your suggestions.  I did hear back from Koodo FB and was told if I phone in they will change the numbers for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

Remember, the account will be closed as soon as you ported out the number. So, you can't just swap number between them.

I tried to figure out how this works. But, this will need to open multiple accounts to swap cell number and WHP.
OP has cell (#1) and WHP (#2)
Open a brand new accout (#3) > port #1 to #3 (#1will be closed) > open new postpaid with new plan(#4) and port #2 in (WHP closed) > Open new WHP(#5) and port number in from #3

Again, you won't keep your current postpaid plan. You will have one of current plan. If you have a good grandfathered plan, I wouldn't do it also too much hassle. Add: I just saw your new reply after I commented. Did they say they can swap numbers between your cell and WHP? I though it's impossible.
resolved through Koodo FB - asked to call in to change numbers over.  Thanks!
LJ wrote:

Are you saying they swapped the numbers between two active lines? If so, nice. They used to say they can't do it (i.e. they won't do it.)
LJ wrote:

yes, they did.  see comment below.