Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Being charged wrong rate for Koodo Home Phone

Why, when I signed up for the $5 per month deal on a home phone, did I get an ebill saying that the home phone is $20 per month? Who can rectify this issue for me? I've waited over a day on the Facebook messenger for an answer but none has come. 

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From their site : 
For the first bill, partial charges will be pro-rated based on the $20 rate. The $15 discount will begin to show up on the first full month of service for the next 12 months.
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/wireless-home-phone?INTCMP=KMNew_HomeBAN_WirelessHomePhoneBanner_...
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 
For the first bill, partial charges will be pro-rated based on the $20 ra...

OK, I guess I didn't understand. I also don't recall when I signed up that it was only $5 per month for a year and then it bumps to $20... Is that really the case? Or have they changed things recently?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

Home phone is $20 per month. They have promos from time to time like $15 off for 6month or 12month. (or $10off for 6/12month off...?) You can check your duration for your promo through self serve.
Userlevel 1
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

after your first month it should stay at $5.00 + tax for the year if you signed up when the promo was on I understand it has come back around for October so tell your friends it is a good deal

Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

My concern is that the bill doesn't say anything about 5$ a month deal.
I won't be paying 20$ a month, because that isn't what I signed up for.
And I don't want to bother chasing this problem again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

Like I mentioned above, your $15 "discount kicks in after the full, /2nd billing BTW, what do you mean by" chasing this problem again ?
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

how come it says on the self serve web site that the charge is $20 per month; should it now reflect the promotional rate?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/wireless-home-phone

Click on the Nitty Gritty at the bottom of the page. It's as Mayumi explained above.

Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

@Kerri The website does show the $5 promotional rate. The small print(nitty-gritty) is where it mentions the $20/month charge. Pretty good deal.
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

Yes the website says that but the outline of my charges says $20 per month. It does not reflect the $5 promotion
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

Was this your 1st months bill? As per the fine print, months 2-13 will have the promotion rate.
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

It is so i will wait and ses what happens for month two. You would think though that on the outline of my services; that it would indicate the introductory rate. I will see if it changes; thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

@Kerri, this is what's on a bill:

It's on the PDF invoice you see in self serve. Hope it helps!
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

Thank you. I will wait until next bill which will be the first full one and see if it comes up like that. I appreciate the help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

Your current bill already shows that Kerri.
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

Okay i see it now. I looked first at the rate plan info that shiws $20 per month. And didnt know on the bill itself that you could see it broken down further. I see now thank you. Question answered
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

Okay i do have one more question since you were so helpful. On my bill i was charged $10 for a tab bill for my new cell number before i changed the phone number; so the koodo assigned number shows on the bill with the tab charge. I changed the number the day the phone arrived and so i see the new cell number on there but it also has.a $10 tab charge. Now i dont care as long as they both come off the amount owing but this is the same phone and i was charged the tab twice?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

Yes, it did come off your tab balance Kerri-Lee. 🙂 All is good. 
Mayumi wrote:

From their site : 

Thank you ☺️