Koodo Community
Solved

Alcatel Wireless Home Phone Battery Backup?

• 29 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Does the newer white Alcatel Wireless Home Phone (WHP) unit have a battery in it to handle power loss and keep the phone alive like the ZTE Wireless Home Phone devices had?
Reason I ask is my friend just signed up having previously owned a ZTE and he lost connection upon power loss.
Can we still get the ZTE Devices?
icon

Best answer by Goran 30 July 2019, 18:39

You can request it be swapped and if they won't you can just return it if it's within 15 days and order online.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't think the Alcatel WHP has a battery.

Anyway, Koodo is selling the ZTE right now (as showed in their WHP page) https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/wireless-home-phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Which Alcatel model are you referring to? Looking on Koodo's site I only see a ZTE model
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The old alcatel one did not have a battery backup but like Goran said they just recently switched to the ZTE hub which does have a removable battery backup that is good for 12 hours.
The old Alcatel? Appears that this is "new" as the units they have at the Koodo Wireless Booth in Sault Ontario are the White Alcatel units... The unit is Alcatel Linkhub HH41NH that my friend received. I wonder if there's a way to have the ZTE device as it's much better in terms of having a usable phone when the power is out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can request it instead or order it online and also save the 35 dollar connection fee
You can request it instead or order it online and also save the 35 dollar connection fee

Even if he already has the White Alcatel? He just signed up at a Koodo kiosk (there's only one Kiosk in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario) and the Alcatel was what was given. Could we have Koodo swap it somehow?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can request it be swapped and if they won't you can just return it if it's within 15 days and order online.