Koodo Community
Solved

activating new sim for wireless home phone

• 5 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi 

I have got a new sim for wireless home phone. I had the zte phone hub and wireless phone with me from my friend. I am new to koodos.. I need to activate the wireless home phone plan but dont know how to do it..  I am not able to get to customer service or self serve as I don't have mobile number or login information. Can anybody help me? Or do I have to go to store to activate it?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 6 August 2020, 00:08

hi

There isn’t a way to activate a SIM for WHP online. You would need to visit a Koodo location and ask a rep there to give you a BYOD wireless home phone plan. They might give you another SIM to use also.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

hi

There isn’t a way to activate a SIM for WHP online. You would need to visit a Koodo location and ask a rep there to give you a BYOD wireless home phone plan. They might give you another SIM to use also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/registering-self-serve

Did you not provide an email?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your wireless home phone should arrive pre-activated based on the expected arrival date.  When this happened, you should have gotten an email confirming your self serve email.  If you did not see this yet, your sim might not be activated yet.  You can wait a few days for it to self activate or you can send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your wireless home phone should arrive pre-activated based on the expected arrival date.  When this happened, you should have gotten an email confirming your self serve email.  If you did not see this yet, your sim might not be activated yet.  You can wait a few days for it to self activate or you can send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter.

The OP mentioned he got the device from “friend” (not directly from Koodo) though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The OP mentioned he got the device from “friend” (not directly from Koodo) though.

Oh then it wont work.  You need to get a sim (comes with hub) directly from Koodo at a store (doesnt look like they are available for order online right now/.

hi

That sounds good. I will go to store and ask them about activation. Thanks for guidance 

hi

Hi I did activate my sim in store but even after 12 hours, it is still not activated, I am not able to call or receive call. I am not able to call customer care also. I feel like I am stuck with this now. One more thing, promo is not available ($5 per month) for 12 months for BYOD customers .. it is catch, never mentioned anywhere .. I really feel like coming out of koodo now

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

hi

Hi I did activate my sim in store but even after 12 hours, it is still not activated, I am not able to call or receive call. I am not able to call customer care also. I feel like I am stuck with this now. One more thing, promo is not available ($5 per month) for 12 months for BYOD customers .. it is catch, never mentioned anywhere .. I really feel like coming out of koodo now

Does the sim work in your Koodo cell phone?  Just make sure to have data turned off