Koodo Community
Solved

3-way conferencing on Koodo home phone

• 5 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

With Koodo home phone on the ZTE VoLTE box, I’m supposed to be able to do conferencing. However, when I connect to a 2nd party I’m only able to toggle back and forth between them, not talk with both at once.

The method I’m using is (1) call the 1st party, (2) press [FLASH] to obtain dial tone and call the 2nd party, (3) press [FLASH] to reconnect with the 1st party.

What am I doing wrong (or not doing)?

icon

Best answer by Mac A 6 August 2020, 18:59

Well, I finally found a manual online for this device (it’s a WF723CA). It says to complete the 3-way call after making contact with the 2nd party, press the [3] key, then [flash].

That works.

No Koodo or Telus help page has this informaton yet ...

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you wait until you're connected on the second call before pressing the flash/green phone button?

Userlevel 1

Yes. After connecting with the second person, each subsequent activation of the {FLASH] button simply switches from one call to the other.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The steps you mentioned should work.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/101-koodo-wireless-home-phone

Maybe powering down the hub and powering back on to see if a restart will fix things

Userlevel 1

Powered down the hub for 30 seconds, then tried again. Same result as before. Anyone have another idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Powered down the hub for 30 seconds, then tried again. Same result as before. Anyone have another idea?

in the Telus WHP instruction, they mentioned an extra step to “Listen for three short beeps, followed by a dial tone” after  pushing the flash button (1s) when adding the 2nd call. I am not sure if that can help but you could try. https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/article/make-3-way-call

1. Ask your first caller to hold
  2. Press your receiver, link or flash button for one second
  3. Listen for three short beeps, followed by a dial tone
  4. Dial the number of the third person
  5. When he or she answers, press your receiver, link or flash button to establish your three-way connection
  6. If the third person's line is busy or there is no answer, press your receiver, link or flash button twice to return to the person on hold
  7. If one of the people you have called hangs up you can continue to talk with the other caller. Everyone is disconnected when you hang up
Userlevel 1

Well, I finally found a manual online for this device (it’s a WF723CA). It says to complete the 3-way call after making contact with the 2nd party, press the [3] key, then [FLASH].

That works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, I finally found a manual online for this device (it’s a WF723CA). It says to complete the 3-way call after making contact with the 2nd party, press the [3] key, then [FLASH].

That works.

Great find, thanks for sharing. Indeed, Koodo and Telus need to update the instruction online.