Koodo Community
Solved

Will phone arrive ready to use?

• 7 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello, I am considering buying a smartphone for my mom so we can video call during the pandemic. I was just wondering, if I order a phone from Koodo online, will it come pre set up for us? If it will need to be set up I will have it shipped to my house first. 

icon

Best answer by Goran 7 May 2020, 20:59

Yes the Sim card will be sent with the phone. Be sure to also wait to register for self-serve until after the phone is working and setup. It's really quite easy. I have no idea with your mom's tech savvy Ness but if you're going to send it to yourself first, then I'm sure thst you'll get it done just fine. Also the billing address must match the shipping address anyways.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Define preset up? You'd have to put in a Sim card and set up the phone with an account and such.

Thanks Goran. Will they send a sim card?

I am used to standing at the Koodo booth and them doing everything for me.😬

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes the Sim card will be sent with the phone. Be sure to also wait to register for self-serve until after the phone is working and setup. It's really quite easy. I have no idea with your mom's tech savvy Ness but if you're going to send it to yourself first, then I'm sure thst you'll get it done just fine. Also the billing address must match the shipping address anyways.