Koodo Community
Question

Why would your online store be shut down for so long during a pandemic where we are encouraged to stay home and shop online?

I live in Langley, BC. I am not a Koodo customer, but I want to be. I finally reached the point where I could be and so, I visit the website. You literally have banners EVERYWHERE advertising a zero cost activation fee IF you order online! 40 bucks is a pretty good savings and during this pandemic, it makes sense to do everything online so I am like YAY! Wait a minute… how come I cant add anything to my shopping cart? Hmmmm… online orders unavailable or some such drivel, it says. WHAT? Everywhere I look, it encourages me to order online… but that feature is unavailable. I have to get the item in store. So, I go to the store as that is my only option and find that your actual store is closed and the Koodo outlet is now being managed by the TELUS store? I have to wait in a much bigger crowd for a lot longer time, finally get inside and set up my new account and guess what? The $40 activation fee applies as I am doing it in-store. Doesn’t matter that I literally CANNOT order it online, they cannot and will not remove the fee. This, in my opinion, is utterly ridiculous. 

Seriously, this is a piss-poor introduction, as a new customer, to your phone service. Is Koodo now partnered or owned by TELUS now? How long will your online capabilities be so limited? You’d think there would be some kind of warning banner when you first visit the site telling people that your online ordering system is being renovated and will be back in operation on this date, or SOMETHING… 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They currently are updating their webstore and their website with several new updates.  The online order was taken offline. They mentioned it would be back online later today. I would suggest you try again tomorrow and see if the online ordering works again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Nastybob did the entire experience you outlined above transpire today? If so, unfortunately it’s just bad timing.

We launched the new and improved Koodo Tab structure today, which will make it more simple and essay to understand for our customers. Unfortunately we encountered a few snags as it pertains to our online webstore, and have not been able to take in new orders because of this. There is a fix in the works,, so if you can wait a day, everything should be up and running by tomorrow.

To your other point, TELUS and Koodo are indeed part of the same family (always have been). Given that most of our Koodo-owned locations are mall kiosks, we’ve  been closed due to the pandemic, but a large number of TELUS store fronts are supporting both brands from a sales and support perspective. 

It's later and the online store is still out. I want the wireless home phone to no avail. 

I can't get anywhere online either and customer service can't seem to help it is like no one is running the company . The kids aren't being watched and no one is being responsible . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Erok223 if there is a question in there somewhere, I suggest you create a new post and ask there, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's later and the online store is still out. I want the wireless home phone to no avail. 

What error are you getting?

What error are you getting?

It's not an error per se. It's that the online store never has stock and they are directing us to go to an in-person store.  Which is extra dumb during a pandemic. 

I wholly agree with Nastybob and the others. I too am a fairly new customer and have been trying to get the WHP for months… Do they plan on getting any hubs online at all or do I just give up? Pandemic time is the time to have these available online, isn’t it?

Userlevel 1

I wholly agree with Nastybob and the others. I too am a fairly new customer and have been trying to get the WHP for months… Do they plan on getting any hubs online at all or do I just give up? Pandemic time is the time to have these available online, isn’t it?

If you email me your name and phone number I can have a member of our outbound team call you and process a Wireless Home Phone transaction over the phone for you: curtis.hielema@koodomobile.com

Thank you Curtis! After I sent my info I had a very helpful online rep call and arrange to have a WHP set up for me. It works great!

Userlevel 1

Great to hear it worked out ! Thank you for posting follow up.