Koodo Community
Question

Warranty Repair required during ongoing COVID-19 isolation

• 2 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi, 

I have a Pixel 3A, little over 2 months old. Intermittent sound issues have now become permanent. Specifically bottom speaker is not working (preventing notification, alarm, calls, & other sounds that require it). 

Already tried (to no avail):  

- verified all settings are where they should be

- 'battery save' features not in use/enabled

- restarted normal mode

- restarted safe mode

- hard reset

- factory reset

As such, I need to send this pixel 3a in for warranty but Koodo chat/emails are not working with this whole pandemic. When tried chatting, site referred me to go to nearest store that handles repairs. Only problem is most, if not all, in Saskatoon, are not operating so as to prevent the spread of covid-19.

Phone was purchased via the online site. 

Can any of the Koodo employees on here offer me so help/guidance please, on how to get this sent in & handled?

6 replies

Seems there is only one solution. Call in & select "Payments" or Billing (choosing other will result in one being hung up on after their 'pandemic response message's) -- as they are the only reps answering calls. 

I had to be put on hold while Rep tried to figure out what to do, then again to be transferred to a tech. Explained situation, then on hold again as tech had to figure out how to arrange a ship back for repair mailer.  Thankfully these two reps helped me so at least now I can get this pixel 3a fixed (or replaced) with a month (or two as this whole pandemic has slowed everything down to pre-civilization times lol).

Hope posting this helps someone else too...

Userlevel 4

@Prairie Happy to see notes in your account that you were able to talked to a rep and a repair mailer is on his way for you

@Prairie Happy to see notes in your account that you were able to talked to a rep and a repair mailer is on his way for you

Hi Johanne Koodo,

Wondering if you can help me?

I still haven’t received my return/repair mailer package & it’s been 2 weeks.  Guessing lost in transit (or error in addressing).  I really do not want to phone in to figure out who I was dealing with already (as I’m sure they are busy enough).  Hoping there is some way you can help get me the return/repair mailer?

Userlevel 4

@Prairie hello, can you go in your SS and confirm that we have the right address to send the exchange mailer? i’ll wait for your reply and ask to send you another one. If the address is different, please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter so so we can update the information.  Thanks 

@Prairie hello, can you go in your SS and confirm that we have the right address to send the exchange mailer? i’ll wait for your reply and ask to send you another one. If the address is different, please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter so so we can update the information.  Thanks 

Checked it, 100% accurate. Thanks in advance too Johanne!

Userlevel 4

@Prairie ok, I asked someone to send another one, you should receive it this week.