Koodo Community
Question

Wanting new phone while waiting for other phone to process return?

• 22 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Last week I ordered the Samsung Galaxy S10 online, and I’m waiting for it to arrive by mail (Should be June 24th). However, I’ve changed my mind and want to go with the Huawei P30 Lite, but I’m afraid that by the time I receive and return the phone, it’ll be later than July 1 (which is the last day for the current promo period where the Huawei P30 Lite is just $10 more a month).
Is there any way around this? Can I order the phone that I want now while I’m waiting for the return to process? Or will the Huawei still be just $10 a month more after July 1?
Thanks to anyone who can give me any insight! :)

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @beensupreme !

You can refuse the mailer from the delivery company once it arrives, however you will need then to wait for it to be returned back to inventory, so you can upgrade a new phone.

At the moment the process might be  quite slow due to COVID. By any chance, do you have another line active on the account to proceed with an upgrade on? 

Regards,

Flo

I don’t have another line active, but I’m willing to open another line if it means I can get the phone that I want before it is no longer on sale. Is there a way to open a new line, order the Huawei, then once the phone I’m returning goes back to inventory, can I switch back to the other line/my old number?

Userlevel 4

Hey @beensupreme ! 

Thanks or you reply! In this case, we could schedule a call back for you with one of our reps, so they can get in touch with the right department and check if this action is possible.

If you agree, please send us a PM when you get the chance,  and one of our reps will reply as soon as possible to assist with the call back.

Regards, 

Flo