Koodo Community
Solved

Verification code but no phone

I am trying to buy a phone on Koodo and the final step to purchase is verify identity by sending a code to my phone number. My phone is dead so I can't receive the code. Any ideas? There is only the one phone number option at this step.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 7 May 2021, 04:18

LOL all the suggestions are great if 1) you don’t live by yourself in a completely new city 2) NO PANDEMIC LOCK DOWN 3) you replace your phones faster than they break down completely/stop working. None of the advice is helpful. GIVE ME THE OPTION TO SEND A VERIFICATION CODE TO MY EMAIL… PRETTY STANDARD PRACTICE.

The standard practice is to send code to the phone as it was at their Koodo control. Email wasn’t a Koodo service. Other carriers are doing the same thing.

Anyway, the security feature is to protect you . What would happen if your account was hacked and you said you lived by yourself?

I recommend you chat with a rep via facebook messaging/twitter https://www.facebook.com/Koodo and ask them to assist. Also, Many cities allow customers to visit certain stores during the pandemic.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am trying to buy a phone on Koodo and the final step to purchase is verify identity by sending a code to my phone number. My phone is dead so I can't receive the code. Any ideas? There is only the one phone number option at this step.

Can you borrow someone else’s phone and insert your own SIM card?

LOL all the suggestions are great if 1) you don’t live by yourself in a completely new city 2) NO PANDEMIC LOCK DOWN 3) you replace your phones faster than they break down completely/stop working. None of the advice is helpful. GIVE ME THE OPTION TO SEND A VERIFICATION CODE TO MY EMAIL… PRETTY STANDARD PRACTICE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The standard practice is to send code to the phone as it was at their Koodo control. Email wasn’t a Koodo service. Other carriers are doing the same thing.

Anyway, the security feature is to protect you . What would happen if your account was hacked and you said you lived by yourself?

I recommend you chat with a rep via facebook messaging/twitter https://www.facebook.com/Koodo and ask them to assist. Also, Many cities allow customers to visit certain stores during the pandemic.

I too am unable to buy another phone from you guys. I dropped my phone down a sewer.....no sim card to put into another phone. O Ly way to verify is with my old phone.

You guys are going to lose customers if you don't change this. I will be one of them as I need to order a new phone ASAP for work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I too am unable to buy another phone from you guys. I dropped my phone down a sewer.....no sim card to put into another phone. O Ly way to verify is with my old phone.

You guys are going to lose customers if you don't change this. I will be one of them as I need to order a new phone ASAP for work.

The security code was there to protect customers from fraud. If you don't have access to the SIM, I recommend you chat with a rep via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/Twitter messaging and ask them to verify the new purchase