Koodo Community
Question

UPS/Webstore lost my phone

• 14 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Back on September 3rd I ordered 3 phones,  2 of the phones were shipped and received without issue but one has gone “missing”.  Koodo online order tracking shows that it has been shipped, UPS tracking has been stuck at “Label created” since the 4th which is when I received the shipping confirmation email from Koodo.

I have been in touch with UPS a handful of times and have also chatted with Koodo reps via twitter DMs.  Koodo states that UPS has the phone, UPS says that they don’t have it.  

I have emailed the webstore as per the advice given via DM, I received a reply stating that they are forwarding my email to the support department….

I am stuck and really need this phone.  I also see other people within the last few weeks are also experiencing the same thing.  This is clearly a process or personnel issues (phones going out the back door?) if its happening often.  I can understand pick tickets getting lost but when there’s a tracking # generated and 2/3 phones make it out the door but one doesn’t, I’m curious as to how that happens.

If someone can help me it would be appreciated!! 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the UPS tracking number says it is just label created then it mean UPS doesnt have it and the responsibiloity lies with Koodo.

This does not happen often.  And usually it is the courier’s fault but based on the tracking info, I would say in this case the phone may have gotten lost while in Koood’s hands.

Because tthere is tracking info, I do no feel there is any evidence to suggest anything “going out the backdoor” and any allusion to it is irrepsonsible at this point in time.

From the other posts you commented on, it is usually the courier who had the package lost.  And it is far from often based on what is on the community.  What likely happened is that the phone was misplaced or fell fell off the table, etc or something like this for a label to be created but but pickup up by UPS.  Also there is no benefit to stealing a phone as Koodo would just black list the phone, making it useless.

I do have 2 Questions for you:

1. When did you email the webstore? 
  2. When did they forward to the support department?

I emailed the webstore late last week and they forwarded it to support yesterday.  I've been inquiring with UPS and Koodo customer service for about a week now.  Just getting a tad frustrated as I keep getting bounced to different departments.  First Koodo claiming it was UPS fault, then Customer service stating I had to deal with the webstore, then the webstore saying support needs to look into it.  

It does appear that the other customer issues are like mine whereas a label was created, but not shipped and Koodo claiming they don't have it.  As I mentioned, either a process is broken or it's a personnel issue which needs to be addressed either way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the UPS tracking number says it is just label created then it mean UPS doesnt have it and the responsibiloity lies with Koodo.

Actually, the only thing it definitely means is that UPS hasn't scanned it in. I've absolutely had packages that were stuck in 'label created’ until the day they arrived on my doorstep, with UPS claiming the entire time that they hadn't received it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Actually, the only thing it definitely means is that UPS hasn't scanned it in. I've absolutely had packages that were stuck in 'label created’ until the day they arrived on my doorstep, with UPS claiming the entire time that they hadn't received it.

It is definitely possible.  But in this case it is unlikely as the other 2 phones have been delivered

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I emailed the webstore late last week and they forwarded it to support yesterday.  I've been inquiring with UPS and Koodo customer service for about a week now.  Just getting a tad frustrated as I keep getting bounced to different departments.  First Koodo claiming it was UPS fault, then Customer service stating I had to deal with the webstore, then the webstore saying support needs to look into it.  

It does appear that the other customer issues are like mine whereas a label was created, but not shipped and Koodo claiming they don't have it.  As I mentioned, either a process is broken or it's a personnel issue which needs to be addressed either way. 

If they just forwarded the issue to the support department yesterday, I would give them a couple of days to reply

If they just forwarded the issue to the support department yesterday, I would give them a couple of days to reply

Yes issue was sent first thing Monday morning to support.  Haven’t heard anything back yet.  I’ll give it another day or so before I reach back out.  Would be nice to get some sort of update.

Quick update.  After not receiving any feedback from Koodo after the initial email was sent to the support team on Monday, I received the phone yesterday (Friday).  Glad it finally shipped but a bit disappointed by the lack of communication.  Oh well.