Koodo Community
Solved

Problem with promo code and customer service

Hello, my name is Daniel Ranieri Negri.I ordered an iPhone 12 black 128gb mini on the webstore. I realized I made a mistake because I wanted the regular iPhone 12 black 128gb.

I am aware of the increase in price and the upfront values to change it.

However, I already got the $100 off from buying online that reduce $10 in my account for 10 months. But I also had a promo code that would give me $5 for 24 months, making it a total of $10 off for 22 months in my account.

I am a Freedom customer and I was ready to switch to Koodo in a heartbeat with that offer.

I called the webstore today asking if they could just switch to the regular iPhone 12 black 128gb, but they said they could not and they could only cancel the purchase. I asked if they could provide me a similar promo code just so I could keep the same deal, they said they could not.

I told them the only reason why I was switching to Koodo was because of that offer and if I did not have it, they would lose me as a client, so they said they are aware of that.

The order number: HFO30530768

I am not sure if there is someone that could help me with that here.

icon

Best answer by Alexandra_Koodo 14 June 2021, 19:23

Hello, my name is Daniel Ranieri Negri.I ordered an iPhone 12 black 128gb mini on the webstore. I realized I made a mistake because I wanted the regular iPhone 12 black 128gb.

However, I already got the $100 off from buying online that reduce $10 in my account for 10 months. But I also had a promo code that would give me $5 for 24 months, making it a total of $10 off for 22 months in my account.

I am a Freedom customer and I was ready to switch to Koodo in a heartbeat with that offer.

I called the webstore today asking if they could just switch to the regular iPhone 12 black 128gb, but they said they could not and they could only cancel the purchase. I asked if they could provide me a similar promo code just so I could keep the same deal, they said they could not.

I told them the only reason why I was switching to Koodo was because of that offer and if I did not have it, they would lose me as a client, so they said they are aware of that.

Hi there! We’d be happy to look into it. When you get the chance send us a message on Facebook or Twitter. Thanks!

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As I am not a Koodo employee, I cannot access your account. However, I believe you may be able to make an exchange, provided the return period has not yet passed. You have 30 days to get an exchange or refund for online orders. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

Unfortunately, for online purchases, you will need to return them first and make another order for the phone you want. This may potentially remove your promotion code. 

I would suggest you to speak to a Koodo rep about this. Schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. 

As I am not a Koodo employee, I cannot access your account. However, I believe you may be able to make an exchange, provided the return period has not yet passed. You have 30 days to get an exchange or refund for online orders. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

Unfortunately, for online purchases, you will need to return them first and make another order for the phone you want. This may potentially remove your promotion code. 

I would suggest you to speak to a Koodo rep about this. Schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. 

I called Koodo rep and they could not do anything to help me. It's a shame that bureaucracy on using the software to apply a promo code is more complicated than client retention. I will go to the mall and check the other providers today

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I called Koodo rep and they could not do anything to help me. It's a shame that bureaucracy on using the software to apply a promo code is more complicated than client retention. I will go to the mall and check the other providers today

If you choose to switch to another provider, make sure to return your device in time before the deadline passes. To process a return, send an email to koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com to contact the Koodo Web Store. Otherwise, you will need to pay for the remaining Tab charges and Tab Bonus charges for your iPhone.

In the meantime, I have flagged a Koodo rep for you to see if they can help you out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"I am a Freedom customer and I was ready to switch to Koodo in a heartbeat with that offer."

When did you order your phone? Did you receive your phone already?

Also, how did you receive your promo code for $5 off for 24minths?

I'm thinking that a rep told you they can't help to upgrade from mini to regular one in same transaction.   

But I believe once they cancelled your order of Mini. You can start brand-new order with regular iphine 12 and apply the code?

If you choose to switch to another provider, make sure to return your device in time before the deadline passes. To process a return, send an email to koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com to contact the Koodo Web Store. Otherwise, you will need to pay for the remaining Tab charges and Tab Bonus charges for your iPhone.

In the meantime, I have flagged a Koodo rep for you to see if they can help you out. 

Thank you, I have cancelled the order already since the Koodo rep also said they could not offer me.

I just checked and Virgin has the same current deal (without the promo code I had), but they have the iPhone 12 purple 128gb, which is a color I wanted. So if the price remains the same with Koodo and Virgin, I will just go to Virgin and get the color I wanted.

But if anyone could help me keep the promo code I had before, I wouldn't mind sticking with Koodo

"I am a Freedom customer and I was ready to switch to Koodo in a heartbeat with that offer."

When did you order your phone? Did you receive your phone already?

Also, how did you receive your promo code for $5 off for 24minths?

I'm thinking that a rep told you they can't help to upgrade from mini to regular one in same transaction.   

But I believe once they cancelled your order of Mini. You can start brand-new order with regular iphine 12 and apply the code?

Hi Mayumi,

I ordered my phone this Saturday on the 12th of June, I was waiting until today because the webstore doesn't open during the weekends. I have not received my phone (and the order was canceled)

I got the promo code while randomly navigating Koodo's website, it appeared as colorful tag at the top, similar to the ones saying (This phone doesn't come with a charger), but it was a light blue tag.

I tried reproducing the same steps I did to get the promo code back again, but I was not successful.

Userlevel 6

Hi there! We’d be happy to look into it. When you get the chance send us a message on Facebook or Twitter. Thanks!

I have messaged on Facebook right now, thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you, I have cancelled the order already since the Koodo rep also said they could not offer me.

I just checked and Virgin has the same current deal (without the promo code I had), but they have the iPhone 12 purple 128gb, which is a color I wanted. So if the price remains the same with Koodo and Virgin, I will just go to Virgin and get the color I wanted.

But if anyone could help me keep the promo code I had before, I wouldn't mind sticking with Koodo

Why would you stick with Koodo? If you could get the same deal with Virgin but without the need for the promo code, and they have the phone colour u want (which sounds like koodo does not). I see no reason to choose koodo over Virgin 

Why would you stick with Koodo? If you could get the same deal with Virgin but without the need for the promo code, and they have the phone colour u want (which sounds like koodo does not). I see no reason to choose koodo over Virgin 

They have the same deal *without* the promo code. The promo code was to get $5 off for 24 months, which makes it $120 cheaper overall.

So right now either I wait for them to help me, or I go with Virgin and get the color I want.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"So right now either I wait for them to help me, or I go with Virgin and get the color I want."

In this case, I would want to go with cheaper option 😁 

I can use my favorite colour with a phone case😉

"So right now either I wait for them to help me, or I go with Virgin and get the color I want."

In this case, I would want to go with cheaper option 😁 

I can use my favorite colour with a phone case😉

I will definitely go with the cheaper option if they help me with the promo code, or else it's the same price lol