Feedback
Phone is dead, trying to order a new one | Koodo Community
Koodo Community

Phone is dead, trying to order a new one

My phone died yesterday (RIP).  I tried everything to revive it but it’s now just a paperweight.

So, I went on the Koodo self-serve site and ordered a sweet new phone. So far so good.

However, when I went to pay for it at the checkout, it said it would text a verification code to my phone. Good old 2-step verification.

Obviously that’s not going to work because, like I said, the phone’s kaput.

With any normal company I’d call customer support at this point. However, Koodo, doesn’t HAVE customer support (presumably that’s how they  keep their prices low) and the call back won’t work for me because I don’t have a phone for them to call back to!

In normal times I’d take my problem to the Koodo kiosk in the mall. But there’s this thing called a “lockdown” here in Nova Scotia and open malls are just memories.

Is their anyone out there that can offer a suggestion?

• Mark

7 replies

Userlevel 2

Contact the web store over the phone and they should be able to place the order for you. 

Userlevel 2

You can also go to a 3rd party site and order an unlocked phone online. Keep in mind for data you might have to change the APN settings and ensure the phone you buy is compatible with that sim card you have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Stores are open in Nova Scotia as they're considered an essential service.

I don't believe you need to book an appointment but call ahead just to make sure.

Problem solved, but not easily.

Finally arranged for a callback to a borrowed phone. Spoke with a very helpful service rep in El Salvador. (I heard roosters in the background!) She managed to verify my identity and order a new phone for me. Took about an hour.

Clearly, Koodo has a problem. There should be a much easier way to do a verification through self-serve.  Email, for instance?

Had it not been for this wonderful lady, working at home with her kids &dog in the background, Koodo would have lost this longtime customer to another carrier.

• Mark
Userlevel 2

Put this same post in suggestions. We are just users who offer best advice given our knowledge. I myself do not work for Koodo. Some of us here just take out free time to help customers with such issues.  My personal opinion it wouldn't bother me if you went to another carrier or not lol

Contact the web store over the phone and they should be able to place the order for you. 

With what phone, the phone is dead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

With what phone, the phone is dead.

Sorry do you have a similar issue or are you just commenting on the OP? This thread is 3 months old. If the former, please start a new thread for assistance. If the latter, please do not comment on something that as clearly passed.