Koodo Community
Solved

order cancelled twice for "security reasons"

• 24 April 2021
  • 9 replies

I've had two orders cancelled now - text from email is as follows: 

"We hope you’re doing well. Extra precautions were required to protect your account and secure your transaction, so we need to validate your purchase in store. For this reason, your order has been cancelled. "

I live over an hour's drive from the nearest store, so that's not happening. The first cancellation  I understood, because I tried to buy 2 SIM cards one right after the other. This second one I followed instructions, added a line to my account, etc. 

Am I missing something here?

Mark

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 25 April 2021, 00:11

1 last follow up - instant callback once I booked it, phone rep was fantastic, set me up with 2 additional lines over the phone and waived the connection fee for both. This is exactly why I am switching all 3 of our phones from Bell to Koodo - Bell call reps bounce you from person to person and are totally inflexible, Koodo rep identifies my problem and sets me up inone phone call - outstanding.

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved!

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've had two orders cancelled now - text from email is as follows: 

"We hope you’re doing well. Extra precautions were required to protect your account and secure your transaction, so we need to validate your purchase in store. For this reason, your order has been cancelled. "

I live over an hour's drive from the nearest store, so that's not happening. The first cancellation  I understood, because I tried to buy 2 SIM cards one right after the other. This second one I followed instructions, added a line to my account, etc. 

Am I missing something here?

Mark

It’s possible your account may have been flagged. As a result, it seems going to your nearest Koodo store will be the only way for you to purchase your order.

If you have any other concerns, you will need to schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to speak to a rep or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. 

In the meantime, I have flagged a rep here to see if they can help you out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @milkdustwater 

Thanks for the report! 

If I understand correctly you do have a Koodo account already and with the second order, you tried to add a new line to the existing account? 

Yes, that's correct. I had my Bell # switched, started the process last night and it was done at 5 a.m. today. So my number has only been with Koodo since this morning.

Went to add a second line, everything seemed to go ok but just received that cancellation email this afternoon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks Mark! 

So, you signed up for the first line online, just before bringing your phone number over, right?

That's right. But I had also tried to order the second line at the same time as I ordered the first one- they cancelled that, which I understood bcs jamming 2 SIM cards on a CC within 5 minutes of each other seems something that might reasonably be flagged. So that may be why I'm now unable to add the second line? Not sure how "flagging" works tbh

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks Mark! 

There are indeed extra measures taken to protect our customers from potential fraud on the account, when new line or new service is added online, to a recently created account.

For this reason, you are directed to add the second line in the store.

If the initial line that you signed up for is already activated, we would suggest to schedule a call back with our virtual assistant  https://koo.do/Chat so a rep can assist you over the phone.

Regards, 

Flo

Will do, thanks for your help!

1 last follow up - instant callback once I booked it, phone rep was fantastic, set me up with 2 additional lines over the phone and waived the connection fee for both. This is exactly why I am switching all 3 of our phones from Bell to Koodo - Bell call reps bounce you from person to person and are totally inflexible, Koodo rep identifies my problem and sets me up inone phone call - outstanding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved!