Koodo Community
Question

LG Promotion Claim

I purchased the LG Velvet on July 30 with the intention of getting the Visa gift card and the headphones. When I try to fill in the claim for on the LG promotions website it tells me that my purchase date is invalid, even though the promotion is for purchases from July 16 - Aug. 2. 

Is anyone else having this problem?

12 replies

Userlevel 1

Yes I am, as well.  And, when I go to the LG product registration page, it’s telling me that the IMEI is invalid.  Kind of odd ….. are we trying too early?  It says August 7th is the start date for registration….

I’ve emailed them through their support page so will let you know when I hear back

I don’t think we’re trying too early because if you put in July 16th or July 17th it will work. Doesn’t seem to have been set up very well.

I also emailed them, so we’ll see what happens.

Same problem here. I purchased on the 24 of July

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'll flag this for a Rep to look into

I was so worried the date had passed! Where do we register for the promotion?

Userlevel 5

@patmomof7 @GDavidson75 @Jmo55 @DeeKay Hello! Only purchases of the LG Velvet 5G phone made between July 17, 2020 and August 6, 2020 are eligible for the $200 VISA Gift Card and LG TONE Free wireless earbuds. Claims must be submitted by the customer between Aug 7 and Sept 30, 2020. Once the LG Velvet 5G has arrived, you must visit https://lg-promotions.com/velvetpreorder and fill out the required information before 11:59PM EST on September 30, 2020. All details provided in the form must be correct plus a copy of your proof of purchase must be submitted (the 'Claim').

@patmomof7 @GDavidson75 @Jmo55 @DeeKay Hello! Only purchases of the LG Velvet 5G phone made between July 17, 2020 and August 6, 2020 are eligible for the $200 VISA Gift Card and LG TONE Free wireless earbuds. Claims must be submitted by the customer between Aug 7 and Sept 30, 2020. Once the LG Velvet 5G has arrived, you must visit https://lg-promotions.com/velvetpreorder and fill out the required information before 11:59PM EST on September 30, 2020. All details provided in the form must be correct plus a copy of your proof of purchase must be submitted (the 'Claim').

@Silvia Koodo the issue here is when we entered a valid purchase date, in my case is 21 July, we got a an error message : “Unfortuantely, you haven't selected an eligible purchase date. Please try again. For more information, check our Terms & Conditions.”

Userlevel 1

I have also gotten the same error, and emailed them. No reply yet. I know it’s not too soon, as I watched the timer they had on their website tick down to when it was open. 

Userlevel 5

@moberd @Strawberryflds This is strange, I’ve checked too their page, thinking that maybe the format of the date is the issue, but it's automatic when we enter the date of purchase. I recommend you to reach out via phone too at (+1) 833 900 0728.

Same issue. Waiting for a reply from LG.

Not happy.

Userlevel 1

LG emailed me back:

“Good Evening,

Thank you for your email.

Please let us apologize for any inconvenience, we are working hard to resolve this issue.

Please try to submit the claim in 48h from receiving this email.

Please visit the link listed below to submit your claim:

https://www.lg-promotions.com/velvetpreorder/en-CA/claim/get-started

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

Jony @ LG Promotional Support Team”

So going to try again Wednesday, sounds like an issue on their end.

Userlevel 1

The claims process is now working, folks.  The message I got back from LG says they’re going to begin validating claims August 21st.  Have at it :-)