Koodo Community
Solved

Change # and still return phone?

• 31 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I’ve been offered a better offer by my old provider. I wanted to port my # back but apparently I can’t do that before you guys get the phone I’m returning (within the 30 days) and reverse the tab which should take decades by what they are telling me. 

And the offer my provider is offering me is only valid to the phone number I have with Koodo. If I change my # with Koodo can I still return the phone or is there some hidden fine print I’m missing again? Because this hassle free returns is not hassle free. Taking up to 3 weeks to do the entire process. Can’t port my # out because I was told whether they get the phone or not if I port my # out before that time I’m being charged the entire price of the phone. 

icon

Best answer by Goran 31 March 2021, 23:53

Yeah I really dislike their little work around (all carriers are pretty equally guilty of it… Koodo incidentally was the last carrier to start doing it of the big 3 run ones) with the whole subsidy / tab bonus thing to repay like in this scenario.  If you change your number to be able to take it to another carrier in the way I think you are, you won't be able to retain it. Porting out the number will likely have to wait until you can have Koodo confirm the phone is returned. Under normal circumstances that should happen fairly quijcly. If you're worried about expiration of deals offered, I'd contact the carrier you plan to return to to ask to be given time to handle the return to Koodo to be able to port out. Have you asked a Koodo Rep if they'll match this offer too?

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah I really dislike their little work around (all carriers are pretty equally guilty of it… Koodo incidentally was the last carrier to start doing it of the big 3 run ones) with the whole subsidy / tab bonus thing to repay like in this scenario.  If you change your number to be able to take it to another carrier in the way I think you are, you won't be able to retain it. Porting out the number will likely have to wait until you can have Koodo confirm the phone is returned. Under normal circumstances that should happen fairly quijcly. If you're worried about expiration of deals offered, I'd contact the carrier you plan to return to to ask to be given time to handle the return to Koodo to be able to port out. Have you asked a Koodo Rep if they'll match this offer too?

Unfortunately the offer is pretty good at 25GB Unlimited for 45$ Bell told me if I change the number here they still have it on file at Bell and can retain it from the account I had with them. I’m just curious what Koodo will think of next, Bell even told me that doesn’t sound right. They said if they get verbal agreement of buyer remorse and conformation of shipment I should be able to port then without penalty. But Koodo is saying oh no.. here 3-5 days for the Email to return.. then a week to receive the phone after shipped, then 10-15 days to confirm the phone is good and all. THEN maybe reverse the tab. I’m livid. If I knew that I would have never gotten the phone. By then I’m sure the offer will be expired with Bell, but if I can just change my # with Koodo and call Bell to reactivate my account I’ll be satisfied until Koodo gets their *** together.