Koodo Community
Solved

Can't have my phone unlock

• 5 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I sent a request on facebook chat Yesterday to have my phone unlocked so I can change to another provider and so far no one has answered. Have tried speaking to a rep. by phone and also no one (not even a call back service is available). Basically, Koodo has deactivated my account without unblocking my phone. Could someone please respond?

icon

Best answer by Ranjan Koodo 5 January 2021, 15:46

@cvmartini - if you’ve already sent a message on Facebook you will get a response, however it’s not instant. We have the same business hours as our call center, so someone should get back to you today.

Alternatively, you can also use Koodo Assist to get more information here: koodo.com/chat
Just type in “unlock phone” and it will advise on your options.

if you still have access to your self serve account (which you should be able to access for u to 90-days after deactivating a line) you may be able to get an unlock code directly via Self Serve. 

Also keep in mind that if your phone was purchased after Dec 2017, it should already be unlocked.

Hope that helps. 

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@cvmartini - if you’ve already sent a message on Facebook you will get a response, however it’s not instant. We have the same business hours as our call center, so someone should get back to you today.

Alternatively, you can also use Koodo Assist to get more information here: koodo.com/chat
Just type in “unlock phone” and it will advise on your options.

if you still have access to your self serve account (which you should be able to access for u to 90-days after deactivating a line) you may be able to get an unlock code directly via Self Serve. 

Also keep in mind that if your phone was purchased after Dec 2017, it should already be unlocked.

Hope that helps. 

Thanks Ranjan, no answer on facebook yet..

I've tried the self service again and there's always just the image of a blue rectangle on the page. So I don't think this option is available for me. I can still enter my Koodo account but can only check bills and some other things, no unlocking option.

So, once they unlock the phone and send me that by facebook (hopefully), is there anything else I need to do? If so, will they instruct me? I

I just find it way too long for an answer. The request was sent yesterday at 4PM..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately there is a bit of a delay right now due to the number of inquiries related to our Winter Sale promotion. Is your name on Facebook the same as the one that was on your account? I can’t seem to find a message matching that info. If you can confirm/advise, I can flag one of our reps on social to help.

RE: your other questions - once the unlock code is provided, you’ll just need to enter it on the device, and it should unlock it. No further action required, but the rep that provides the info can also help clarify and clear up any other questions.

Thanks a lot. My name on facebook is Jane Doe, the request was sent Yesterday at 4:49PM

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you! I’ll flag one of our reps.
​​​​​Also - removed your actual name, for privacy :)