Koodo Community

Text messages not sent not received reliably ever.

• 4 November 2021
  • 4 replies

I have been with Koodo for about 6 years and from what I’ve experienced Koodo simply drops some text messages. You’ll be having a conversation just fine one day, but next day you message and it doesn’t go through. I truly have no idea how many get dropped as I hardly ever see the phones of the recipient/sender. There will be long periods of messages not getting sent/rec. Friendships and other relationships strained needlessly by F---ing Koodo. “I haven’t ignored you, you ignored me and I can proved it” … well guess what … so ca they. Lets compare our chat history on both our phones just so I can get more annoyed.  My estimate is more than 5% of text messages get dropped, for a while. Hard to know for sure as once a message gets dropped the conversation generally stops, no more attempted messages when both sides are waiting. Then it’ll work for a couple of weeks just fine or so I think, can never know for sure. It leaves me with the impression that Koodo is a bottom of the barrel service and they don’t care. I email if it’s important . I’m going to switch soon. Honestly at this stage I don’t want some Koodo rep to try to make nice nice it’s just too pathetic for too long and I don’t feel I would reply in a civilized manner. I stuck with them since they were cheaper but now there are more competitive providers in my area. I hope this helps someone wondering why text messages don’t get through.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it with one particular person?  A specific phone carrier? 

I don’t know everyones carrier (a couple are Telus) but absolutely everyone I message is fair game for dropped messages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t know everyones carrier (a couple are Telus) but absolutely everyone I message is fair game for dropped messages.

Does this happen to you when you leave your local area? If so, it may have to do with your local cell tower. In the meantime, I have flagged a Koodo rep to look into this for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Martin414! We’re sorry to hear about this experience and we’d like to turn things around. Since you mentioned that this is a recurring issue, it would be best to get in touch with our technical department so that they can investigate the situation. Please visit koodo.com/chat to schedule a callback at your convenience. Let us know if you run into any issues.