Koodo Community
Question

Roaming in the US, Suddenly no connection

• 13 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have been in the US now for over a month and haven’t had any issue roaming. Today I suddenly have not been able to connect to any cellular network. I’ve tried everything I can find online and nothing worked. I can’t schedule a call because the only number I have access to is the hotel phone which is international and requires an extension.

More info:

Google Pixel 3a XL,

Phone bill is paid,

Can connect to wifi still,

Checked APN settings,

Power off and on phone did not work,

Resetting network settings on my phone did not work,

Removing and reinserting SIM did not work,

Starting phone in safe mode did not work,

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I suggest sending a private message to Koodo via FB Messenger of DM via Twitter to start technical support. You’ve already done what I can think of to do. The only other thing I’d try is if you can put your sim card in another phone to see if the problem follows.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

I have been in the US now for over a month and haven’t had any issue roaming. Today I suddenly have not been able to connect to any cellular network. I’ve tried everything I can find online and nothing worked. I can’t schedule a call because the only number I have access to is the hotel phone which is international and requires an extension.

More info:

Google Pixel 3a XL,

Phone bill is paid,

Can connect to wifi still,

Checked APN settings,

Power off and on phone did not work,

Resetting network settings on my phone did not work,

Removing and reinserting SIM did not work,

Starting phone in safe mode did not work,

Is it possible that you have used up the limit for the month? According to the Koodo page, the Easy Roam rate is capped at $100 for every 30 consecutive days. https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

If you have not reached the limit yet and it is not working, I would suggest you to try searching for networks manually and see if it works when you select each one individually. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Once you are back on track, there is a $60 cap (rather than 100) special on EasyRoam. https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam