Koodo Community
Question

Refurbished iPhone XR suddenly can't make or receive phone calls

• 5 January 2022
  • 1 reply

I recently purchased a pre-owned iPhone XR from Koodo. It seemed to work fine until yesterday when I can no longer make or receive calls. The phone call will connect but no audio/sound will go through and the call only lasts for 13 seconds before the phone automatically ends the call. I’ve tried to troubleshoot (i.e. power on/off, removing the SIM card) but I’m still experiencing the issue. Data and WIFI are working. 

How do I fix this so I can continue making and receiving phone calls?

1 reply

Badge +4

Try resetting your iPhones’ network settings.

To reset your iPhone’s network settings; first, turn iCloud Keychain off by going to Settings, tap Apple ID (appears at the top of the Settings menu where your name, Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchase is shown). Tap iCloud, then look for and tap on Keychain, toggle iCloud Keychain off.

Turning off iCloud Keychain preserves Wi-Fi passwords, Safari usernames, passwords and credit/payment card info.

Next, go to Settings > General - scroll down to and tap Transfer or Reset iPhone. Tap Reset, then select Reset Network Settings - enter your passcode, follow the onscreen prompts and wait for your iPhone to reboot. Remember to turn iCloud Keychain back on when your iPhone has rebooted. Make a test call and/or have someone call you.

Resetting your iPhone’s network settings restores cellular, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to their factory default values and sometimes resolves glitchy network issues. This procedure does not erase any user data.