Koodo Community
Solved

recent phone upgrade, data doesn't work

• 2 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a 1+6 T phone. There was a recent upgrade but has caused the data to stop working.

We have done various things to try to remedy, reboot, take out chip etc. We also put the SIM card in another phone and the data works on the other phone.

I'm starting to think there might be some incompatibility with the update and network. Short of reverting to older OS and potentially losing stuff, I'm hoping someone can provide some constructive suggestions on how to get the data to work.

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 3 October 2021, 09:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’d try a one plus dedicated forum. You could backup whatever you want to save and then revert in the meanwhile.

A quick search found the following:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/mobile-data-not-working-on-telus-after-android-11-beta-update.1474006/

Badge +4

Another solution is to select IMSI as the MVNO type from the dropdown menu within the APN. It’s likely that the MVNO Type field was left blank. The MVNO type field should auto-populate with GID once all of the APN settings are configured and saved. Make sure the APN field displays sp.koodo.com. Remember to save any editing made to the APN. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have a 1+6 T phone. There was a recent upgrade but has caused the data to stop working.

We have done various things to try to remedy, reboot, take out chip etc. We also put the SIM card in another phone and the data works on the other phone.

I'm starting to think there might be some incompatibility with the update and network. Short of reverting to older OS and potentially losing stuff, I'm hoping someone can provide some constructive suggestions on how to get the data to work.

To add on to Goran’s device, try changing your APN settings according to the particular comment at the following link listed below. https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/mobile-data-not-working-on-telus-after-android-11-beta-update.1474006/#post-23495294

Make sure to keep your SIM card inserted into the device until you try to access the APN settings. Once you are in the menu, quickly open the SIM slot. It would be preferable to add another setting instead of using the default one. Once that is complete, save the settings and restart your phone to update it. Your service should be restored.