Koodo Community
Question

NO MMS sent or recieved to iphones?

• 12 February 2024
  • 7 replies

MMS messages that i send or are sent to me from  iphones  dont send.  Using a oneplus phone everything worked fine up until feb 7, changed all apn settings as per koodo website still no luck.  MMS works fine sending and recieving to android phones, any help would be greatly appreciated

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @2parks 

There were some changes made as of February 7th and some devices may require settings update, software update or replacement. Please check out this article for more info https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/picturemessagingchanges

Hi @2parks 

There were some changes made as of February 7th and some devices may require settings update, software update or replacement. Please check out this article for more info https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/picturemessagingchanges

yes, I know, I updated my apn as per the instructions, doesnt make sense why i can send and recieve mms from android devices and not apple.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which iphone model are you using?

As well, was MMS was turned on in message settings?. I assumed your cellular data was ON?

The new apn settings do not work for a whole bunch of non koodo phones and there is no acknowledgement of it. Downgrade to 3g will work while you look for a new provider.

Which iphone model are you using?

As well, was MMS was turned on in message settings?. I assumed your cellular data was ON?

Im not using a iPhone, I can't receive MMS messages from iPhone nor send the to iPhones.  I am using a OnePlus phone and everything worked fine before Feb 7.

The new apn settings do not work for a whole bunch of non koodo phones and there is no acknowledgement of it. Downgrade to 3g will work while you look for a new provider.

This seems to be the case, seems like Koodo wants to force us to use Samsung, apple or Google phones.  I may just have to switch providers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@2parks 

We have just sent you a PM so we can confirm some more details, and further investigate, please check the inbox section under your community profile when you get the chance. Thanks!