Koodo Community

Need to have a verification code sent to my email account

• 27 January 2022
  • 7 replies

I only have a landline phone being used with the ZTE wireless box.  I do not have a smart/iphone.  I am trying to add one form you to my account with additional line, but, at the last step upon checkout, It wants me to input verifcation code, which only give me the option of sending it to my phone, but it isnt that kind of phone, it is only a landline type phone, Panasonic, so no message is coming to it to tell me the code I need to enter to complete the purchase.  So can someone send the code to my email account?

I do not have a phone that allows you to send verification code so I can but one.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There should be an option to receive the code by email. Ill flag a Rep to assist if you cannot see any other option on how to proceed

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Linder! For security reasons, the verification code is a step that cannot be altered or skipped in the renewal process, and the code can only be sent on your phone number.

You can place the order with the help of a rep from the call center. Please schedule a callback on koodo.com/chat and a rep will get back to you ASAP and assist you.

Well, I tried that, and they will not recognize the phone number I gave to call me back.  I am at work and it is a work number, I do not have a cell phone so you can’t call me on that.  So they only way is to email me my verification code so I can make a purchase of a phone and service.   round &round & round….still no progress in my purchase attempt of my 1st phone.

call back say service not available at this time….today and yesterday was the response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, I tried that, and they will not recognize the phone number I gave to call me back.  I am at work and it is a work number, I do not have a cell phone so you can’t call me on that.  So they only way is to email me my verification code so I can make a purchase of a phone and service.   round &round & round….still no progress in my purchase attempt of my 1st phone.

It should be able to make a phone call to any Canadian number. It doesn't have to be your Koodo number. 

Anyway, you have or can you borrow a cell phone from someone else? You could take the SIM from the hub and put it into a cell phone to receive the text.

no, I don’t have access to someone elses cell phone

I have decide to open the new account and once I get phone and on baord I will cancel the 1st account with land phone only.  That should do it!

Thanks for trying to help